Aurora Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Vault > I'm New From Spectrum And I Need Help!
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedIm I missing something

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
keifle View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote keifle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Im I missing something
    Posted: 12 Oct 2008 at 3:52pm

I’m Having a problem getting aurora to play my sequence imported from d-light. I know it’s probably something simple that I am leaving out. This is what I have done so far.

1. I upgraded my D-light firmware to V2.0.2.

2. Upgraded my controllers , AC16_1_14

3.Opened d-light HWU, com port 3 was shown in HWU and selected.

4. In HWU selected Discover and set Controller ID as 2.

5. Tested lights In the HWU. All the lights worked. Shut down HWU.

6. Imported sequence from d-light to aurora.

7. In settings I set the serial network configuration to network 1, com port 3.

8. I opened channel properties and changed the device type to d-light ACx16 (1.13+ firmware). Network segment was on 1.Device ID I changed from 4 to 2 . And the channel number was 1 and so on. Then pressed save.

9. I pressed send to lights in aurora, the light on my controller goes to solid red.

10. Pushed play and none of my lights come on. Light on controller is still solid red.

What am I missing?

QZ
JonB256 View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote JonB256 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2008 at 4:48pm
The only step I would have added, especially after changing the ID # of an ACx16, would have been to power cycle the ACx16, then also save your Aurora sequence, close it, then reopen it. It appears you avoided some of the other "gotchas"

You don't mention any other ACx16s or other controllers, but if you have some, be sure none of them are also ID #2.

and I'm unsure what you mean with Step #1, "1. I upgraded my D-light firmware to V2.0.2."

Edited by JonB256 - 12 Oct 2008 at 4:51pm
JonB - D-Light user
keifle View Drop Down

Quote keifle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2008 at 6:27pm
Thanks for the reply!
I am not sure what you mean by power cycle the ACX16. Could you explain it to me.
I dont have any other controllers at this time.
And at step 1 I mean't that I made sure everything was up to date with the latest downloads.
QZ
tonyjmartin View Drop Down

Quote tonyjmartin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2008 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by keifle

I am not sure what you mean by power cycle the ACX16. Could you explain it to me.

When you are finished updating the firmware, you need to unplug the power to the board, then plug the power back in.  This is doing a "power cycle" of the board.  It often cures many other ailments as well.

I then always check the board again with the hardware utility to be sure that everything is as it should be.  Then be sure to disconnect the HW Utility from the network and close it before trying to use either the sequencer or the scheduler.

Edited by tonyjmartin - 12 Oct 2008 at 6:41pm
Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
keifle View Drop Down

Quote keifle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2008 at 9:20pm
I powered down the controller. I then went through the HWU to make sure everything was working fine. I made a test sequence using Aurora and everything worked. But when I  import a D-light sequence it will not light up my lights. I know Im missing something!

Thanks for the info!
QZ

Quote tonyjmartin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2008 at 10:14pm

I made a test sequence using Aurora and everything worked. But when I  import a D-light sequence it will not light up my lights. I know Im missing something!

Hmmmmm.  This is sounding an awful lot like overlooking some small detail, and in the end it makes you feel real dumb (Been there myself on more than one occasion!)  I think that you're being pretty thorough, but I would take it one step further.

1) Open your working Aurora test sequence, enable serial output to the controller, initiate playback, and verify that your controller does what it should.

2) Open the Bulk Channel Editor and verify that you have 1/2/1, 1/2/2, 1/2/3, ... 1/2/16 for all sixteen channels of your controller ID #2 on Network Segment #1.  If this isn't what you have, but it's working, don't change it.  Just note it for later.

3) Close the Bulk Channel Editor.  Then open the channel properties of a channel and verify that you have selected "D-light ACx16 (1.13+ firmware)".  If this isn't what you have selected, but it's working, don't change it.  Just note it for later.

4) Close Aurora.

5) Open your imported/saved Spectrum sequence, and open the Bulk Channel Editor.  The settings should be identical to those of your working Aurora test sequence noted above.  If they aren't the same, change/save them.  The same goes for the controller type selection in any channel's properties.  Note: If you need to change the controller type, Aurora will prompt you to verify that you really want to do this, as it will change the controller type of all channels on a given controller...in your case, Unit ID #2, Network Segment #1, unless that's not what you found in steps 2-3 above.

6) Save your imported sequence with a different name.  I'm partial to adding v1, v2, v3, and so on to the end of sequence names.  This makes it easier to identify in what order I tried different options.

7) Close Aurora.

8) Re-launch Aurora, re-open your newly saved sequence
, enable serial output to the controller, and initiate playback.

Let us know what happens.  If this doesn't solve the problem, then let us know, and we can start to look elsewhere. Smile
Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
keifle View Drop Down

Quote keifle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2008 at 11:23pm
Thanks so much!!!
You fixed the problem.  I saved the d-light sequence in the Aurora sequence file. Then opened up the sequence from the aurora file, it worked perfectly!

Thanks for all you time and help!
QZ

Quote tonyjmartin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2008 at 8:45am

I saved the d-light sequence in the Aurora sequence file. Then opened up the sequence from the aurora file, it worked perfectly!

Glad you're on your way!  Happy Lighting!

Post Reply Post Reply