Dropping Networks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
brunnesa View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Online Status: Offline
  Quote brunnesa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dropping Networks
    Posted: 29 Nov 2009 at 11:38pm
Ok, I have tried two different computers now and Aurora Scheduler keeps dropping some of networks.   I have been using 1.041.  The first computer is Vista 64 bit and the second computer is Windows 7.  I am running 3 different networks.  After I go back to see what has happened after it drops a network, the comm port is locked up.  Any ideas as to what is going on?  Thanks.
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 12:47am
Is this in the sequencer or the scheduler?
Fine. You're so smart you rig up the lights.
D-Light users Unite!
brunnesa View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote brunnesa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 5:26am
Originally posted by Pony_God

Is this in the sequencer or the scheduler?
That sounds similar, but my problem is with the scheduler and the dropping of one or more networks is random.  It does not drop the same network every time.  Although most of the time is is the same one.  I had problems with this the first night, and then it ran fine for two nights and last night it started dropping again.  Nothing has changed in my setup.
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 8:26am
Does unplugging/replugging the USB adapter (disconnected for 5 seconds or so) "unlock" the locked up COM port?
brunnesa View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote brunnesa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 8:31am
Originally posted by LightsOnLogan

Does unplugging/replugging the USB adapter (disconnected for 5 seconds or so) "unlock" the locked up COM port?
Yes it usually does.  Sometimes I have to close the scheduler and unplug the USB adapters then plug them back in and restart the scheduler to get everything working again.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 9:37am

Are your controllers "winking" between sequences (LED on the controller briefly blinks)?

brunnesa View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote brunnesa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 9:40am

Are your controllers "winking" between sequences (LED on the controller briefly blinks)?

During my initial testing they were.  I have not been able to look at them since I put them outside. 
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 9:51am
Ok, you are definately losing lock between sequences then. 

1.0.69 partially corrected a bug with the heartbeat lock between sequences experienced by some.  Since you are losing lock between sequences, you should upgrade.  Remember to fully uninstall from add/remove programs, reboot, perform the 1.0.69 install, then reboot again before using Aurora.
brunnesa View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote brunnesa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 10:05am

Ok, you are definately losing lock between sequences then. 

1.0.69 partially corrected a bug with the heartbeat lock between sequences experienced by some.  Since you are losing lock between sequences, you should upgrade.  Remember to fully uninstall from add/remove programs, reboot, perform the 1.0.69 install, then reboot again before using Aurora.
Ok I will try that tonight.  Thanks for your help.
brunnesa View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote brunnesa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 8:32pm

I tried the update to the newest version of Aurora and I am still having issues with dropped networks.  What should I look at now?  It is dropping the networks in the middle of sequences.  It is still random.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>