Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

spectrogram cutting off at the end

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
onewish1 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote onewish1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: spectrogram cutting off at the end
    Posted: 23 Oct 2009 at 7:51pm
I am getting a big smear at the end... and it is cutting off early.. I took a screen shot but not sure I can post it

Edited by onewish1 - 23 Oct 2009 at 7:53pm
BigDPS View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote BigDPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2009 at 9:16pm
is your song a wav or mp3? Mp3's tend to make the sequence make funny sounds in the spectrometer

onewish1 View Drop Down

Quote onewish1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2009 at 10:33pm
I converted them to wav.. there is just a big smear at the end and then it just stops a few seconds before the song is really over
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2009 at 12:33am
The spectrogram will be as long as the file is.  Therefore if you are seeing a weird "smear" at the end, then your first step is to check on the wave file itself using another program (just not the one you used to make it). 

If the file looks ok and it plays fine on another program such as windows media player, you could go to the cache folder in Aurora and delete any wav files.  Aurora will automatically extract the file again the next time the sequence is opened. 

Failing that, if this started off as a shared sequence, try using a longer file to see if there is an issue with the sequence itself, then revert back to the original file once you have eliminated any phantom commands. 
~Jonathan
Bigindian View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Bigindian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2009 at 6:44am

I too have seen this "smear" on the end of a wav file.  I can't seem to find a cause for it either.  The file is question is newly "ripped" to a wav file and then immediately used as a wav file for Aurora. 

I tried ripping on a different PC however still had the same result.   It does not seem to change the output or timeline, instead it shows up as a blue bar accross the spectrogram area.  Timeline placement must be guessed as there is no reference points.

Edited by Bigindian - 24 Oct 2009 at 6:53am
The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.
Albert Einstein
onewish1 View Drop Down

Quote onewish1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2009 at 7:19am
yes it was newly ripped and then used

just so you know.. when I switched over to amplitude it looked fine.. better than nothing and guessing
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2009 at 8:44am
I see the 'smear' in every file I convereted to .wav using Audacity. It's obnly the very end and doesn't really cause a problen other than the appearance

Edited by bdkeen - 24 Oct 2009 at 11:22am
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2009 at 10:56am
Ok, I see it now.  Use Audacity and add a second of silence at the very end of the song.  That way when the spectrogram stops at the new end you'll be able to see the markings that were once "smeared" and can place events easier.
~Jonathan
onewish1 View Drop Down

Quote onewish1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2009 at 2:24pm
you guys are good... thanks!!.. I did use Audacity to convert the files
 Post Reply Post Reply