Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Waveform to event properties

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
rcrick View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote rcrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Waveform to event properties
    Posted: 23 Dec 2008 at 1:14pm
Can anyone tell me what the following adjustments mean in wavefrom event propertiesand what effects it has on the waveform.
Noise gate/1.6 expander
Gain
Gamma Correction(Commander)
Rick
Slinkard View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote Slinkard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2008 at 1:26pm
makes you lights re-act to different levels of sound. take a song at regular and then up it from 1.6 to 2.0 the lights will be brighter for longer.

This is my opinion from my using Vixen.

Slink

Coming soon www.computerizedlights.com
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2008 at 4:07pm
Noise gate is the minimum threshold at which the lights will react.  Example: You have a voiceover that is 6dB above the background music; you can set a -6dB noise gate to discard anything below -6dB.  The "1:6 expander" in parenthesis is there to give some additional information to those trained in live sound and/or recording and states less ambiguously exactly what takes place below the threshold.

Gain allows you to compensate for recording level... for instance, if you are using W2E in a soft passage of the song you can add gain to make the lights respond brighter.

Gamma Correction changes the linearity of how the lights react.  LED users may need to compensate for the non-linearity of the LEDs and this is where it can be done.  This can also be used for special effects, which I will document at another time.
 Post Reply Post Reply