Bug Fixes & The Next Version

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
  Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bug Fixes & The Next Version
    Posted: 11 Sep 2008 at 6:57pm
All,

Wow has it been a busy week and a half.  The 1.0 launch of Aurora didn't go as smooth as planned as there were a number of bugs that we didn't catch during beta testing.  The first entire week was spent doing nothing but processing new licenses (we've just more than doubled our customer list in only a week), monitoring three forums and email, dealing with the installer issues, and collecting all of the data necessary to test and fix the bugs.

Fortunately, most of the bugs, while major annoyances to you, are relatively minor corrections for us.  This means they should be fixed quickly. 

Here's the plan: The next version of Aurora is scheduled for September 19.  If all goes well, this will fix 95% or more of the bugs out there.  The remaining 5% that are system specific will then be taken care of on a case by case basis after the release is out.  If I seem a little more silent and/or slower to respond to email than usual it is because I am "in the trenches" working on multiple fixes.  The beta testers will be busy next week as well! 

Thank you for your patience,
Michael Miller
Aurorashow.com

Edited by LightsOnLogan - 11 Sep 2008 at 6:58pm
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2008 at 7:54pm

I think it went fairly smoothly from my end. First main release to the masses of software that manages hardware and only minor bugs and a few specific oddities... Pretty good in my book.

Fine. You're so smart you rig up the lights.
D-Light users Unite!
tonyjmartin View Drop Down

Quote tonyjmartin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2008 at 9:55pm
Thanks for handling this "baby boom" so graciously, Michael.  

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Slinkard View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote Slinkard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2008 at 11:22am
Not trying to do a ha ha nanny boo ba here, but I did not notice any errors with the 1.0 release. Do you think that is becuase I had the original .2 installed on my computer? It seems that many of the errors were from folks that just switched over. Or it could be that they just use the application completly different then myself too.

Slink

Edited by Slinkard - 12 Sep 2008 at 11:23am

Coming soon www.computerizedlights.com
ChrisL1976 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2008 at 11:41am
Michael,
I think you handled the increase in customers very professionally and I think we all understand the time it takes to get this stuff tweaked. All I know is I'm sequencing away without locking up, errors popping up, and I can save my work and know its saved.  The minor issues can be temporarily worked around and I'm looking forward to seeing those minor bugs squished, but so far there's not any that have stopped sequencing progress.

Edited by ChrisL1976 - 12 Sep 2008 at 11:43am
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
LightChristmas View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2008 at 11:47am
One thing I have noticed is that with increasing regularity is that LOR2 (if installed) goes totally ape**** when co-habitating with Aurora. You can start Aurora, and LOR2 pops up all on its own and wants to start repairing itself. If allowed to do so, then Aurora reasserts its Alpha dog status and repairs itself. Then later on LOR2 gets a hissy and tries to repair itself - ad infinum.LOL

It all boils down to those three OCX files that both apps want to use; and is becoming apparent that one or the other makes some subtle change either to the file or the registry that the other app doesn't like.

jberner View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote jberner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2008 at 6:09pm
I am rather pleased with how smooth 1.0 went. From being a former developer and a 13 year Microsoft beta tester (maybe I should say alpha tester as they seem to release the Beta version to the public as their 'new' version) you have released a fairly well thought out application.   I have only had one real issue that I couldn't work around and you know about it and are slaving away right now to make me (errr, all of us) happy with your application.  Clap

I think you have done well.
lowinhz View Drop Down

Quote lowinhz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2008 at 9:19pm
thanks again  for the hard work that us spectrum guys are giving you 
jberner View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote jberner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2008 at 9:15am
I woke up in the hospital this morning (not important for the purposes of this thread, just really sick) and it dawned on my that today was Friday(the 19th) and I have a lot of time on my hands for a few days (useful for programming light strings)

Are we still on for todays update?  I had my wife bring in my laptop so I could make some use of all this new free time I am going to have for the next few days.

If it isn't coming out today please send me your 96 channel shows of some tiny violin playing 'Im Sorry' or some other unsympathetic sequence.  D-light has made it clear that the hurricane will make me wait a few more weeks before I get my new boxes anyways. 

I wonder what the hospital would do if i had my wife drag a controller up here with some lights for my room? There is certainly enough dedicated power outlets in the room... Big%20smile

tonyjmartin View Drop Down

Quote tonyjmartin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2008 at 9:39am
Originally posted by jberner

There is certainly enough dedicated power outlets in the room... Big%20smile

And the ones with the little triangle next to them are on back up power! Wink

Seriously...hope you feel better soon.
Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>