Aurora Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Aurora Sequencer Software > Aurora 1.0 > Feature Requests
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Aurora wishlist

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JonB256 View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Online Status: Offline
  Quote JonB256 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2008 at 6:05pm

Sound control - I'm wondering, since Aurora "pre-processes" the audio anyway, perhaps they could add a "normalize" feature that could set volume levels. 

As far as not having any sound editing software, the vast consensus is that the Freeware program, Audacity, is the one to get.  http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

JonB - D-Light user
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2008 at 6:35pm
Audacity... ditto to that.
I had to crank up Dance of the Sugar Plum Faries so that it's audible.
Fine. You're so smart you rig up the lights.
D-Light users Unite!
jberner View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote jberner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2008 at 9:18pm
I hope this comes across clear but when drafting you can put dimensions on a range with obvious start and end point.  I think it would be nice if we could put that kind of notation on top of the music visualizations so we could notate what we are doing throughout the show to make editing at a later date easier.
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2008 at 8:13am
hum... that's an interesting idea.
D-Light users Unite!
ChrisL1976 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2008 at 8:51am
Maybe this has already been mentioned somewhere.....but I'd love to see a choice of colors for the Event line.  I'd love to be able to see different time events.  As of now, I sequence my arches last because once I insert the timing for those, seeing anything else is a pain.

Even better yet, be able to put a time event through only certain channels and not have it always go top to bottom.
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2008 at 9:24am

ew... a time line though only certain channels would get conusing fast! (Well, at least I would think it would).

But, coloring (grouping) timing marks is cool too. Arches in Red, bass/beat in blue
D-Light users Unite!
ChrisL1976 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2008 at 10:46am
Originally posted by Pony_God

ew... a time line though only certain channels would get conusing fast! (Well, at least I would think it would).

But, coloring (grouping) timing marks is cool too. Arches in Red, bass/beat in blue

It would clear up dense grids on channels you dont need them.
For example, for my arches, I used roughly 0.1 second timing intervals. If I could only have that dense of a grid for my arch channels, I would be happier since if I try to time something in that same time slot, then I have to deal with a 0.1 grid.     With the current methods of splitting cells to achieve timing multiple timing grid (0.1 seconds, ect), you almost have to put the dense grids in first. if you want them all even. 

To simplify, different color event lines would help significantly.

Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2008 at 11:37am

I'm just thinking that a time line that doesn't go all the way would look funny.

Now... If we could create a channel-group (that Lor and Spectrum had I think) It may be reasonable to add timelines to only that group and to color that groups' background differently.

Possibly create a channel-group for each mega-tree, arch, and mini-tree farm?
D-Light users Unite!
tonyjmartin View Drop Down

Quote tonyjmartin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2008 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by Pony_God

Now... If we could create a channel-group (that Lor and Spectrum had I think) It may be reasonable to add timelines to only that group and to color that groups' background differently.

Hang on to your hats, kids.  Starting with this post in the Channel Timing thread (in the I'm New From Spectrum And I Need Help! forum), there's a hint at what's to come. Thumbs%20Up

Edited by tonyjmartin - 16 Sep 2008 at 12:17pm
Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2008 at 1:00pm
Right and I saw that.
Now that I've got arches and groupable stuff it's making more sence to group stuff.
The timing-per-group is new though and could be interesting.
D-Light users Unite!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>