LOR Board LAGGING

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
BigDPS View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Online Status: Offline
  Quote BigDPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2010 at 7:26pm
Try uninstalling and re-installing. Make sure you reboot after uninstalling.

Phippers View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote Phippers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2010 at 7:37pm
Have not rebooted, but I have tried reinstalling. Let me try again after tonight, somehow I got the sceduler to run, so I'm just not gonna touch it.
Phippers View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote Phippers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2010 at 10:25pm
Is there any advice anyone can give me on that error code though?
BigDPS View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote BigDPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2010 at 7:37pm
From a quick search, this is what it means:

The Runtime Error 6 occurs in the Visual Basic program. It is an overflow issue that can occur when the Visual Basic program attempts to store too much data in the temporary folders area.

Comporder1 View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote Comporder1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2010 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by Jonathan

I have a sequence with A LOT of effects in rapid succession.  What happens with me is that sometimes the controllers can't keep up, and I have a full second and a half with no effects followed by extremely fast effects to keep it all on track, the "all at once" scenario.  I'm still working on a way to keep the sequence flowing smoothly, and so far the solution has been to dumb down the number of effects at that spot in the song.
I have to disagree with you on what is causing what you call the "all at once" scenario. (I call it lagging.) The way I see it is if the usb dongle/network/controllers can reproduce several seconds in an 1/8 of the time, that tells me that it can handle the speed. The problem is the commands are not being sent to the usb dongle/network/controllers for a few seconds and then are being dumped out "all at once".

Thats my theory Wink
Carey
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2010 at 10:33pm
Yeah, it could be that too.  I've tried messing with the network speed, but that had no effect for me (I'm still running 115,200).  It's always the same spot in the sequence, but the "controller catch up" varies each time on what commands in that mashed up split second actually get generated.  It's just as likely that only certain commands are being sent out of the dongle as it is that the controller only sees certain commands.  I'm certainly no expert when it comes to hardware, that's for sure!
~Jonathan
DMX
DMX

Quote Comporder1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2010 at 11:11pm
I have two videos from last year. Like you, both are from the same sequence.

LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2010 at 12:27pm
Regarding Error 6:

Runtime 6 during the audio/video processing bubbles up from the AV converter component.  It is usually related to an unrecognized audio/video file format or an incompatible DirectShow plugin (including Windows Movie Maker plugins) which has been installed on the system.  This is also the cause of most of the "my MP3 doesn't work" issues.

Regarding rapid rendering of commands after lag:

This usually is the result of an issue with the VCP drivers for the USB-485 dongle, or (rarely) the dongle itself.  If something is interfering with the dongle driver then the serial data can wind up queued in a buffer while the drivers think the adapter is not ready to send the data.  The obvious things to check:

1) Make sure that nothing else is attempting to access the port (Hardware utility, Palm Sync, etc.)
2) That the USB cable is secure and working properly
3) That the correct VCP driver version is installed

If the problem persists then I can give you access to the DMX beta which includes an alternate experimental D2XX driver, but that should only be considered as a last resort option.

Michael
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2010 at 12:28pm
I guess I should ask... are the boards maintaining heartbeat lock?

Michael
DMX
DMX

Quote Comporder1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2010 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by LightsOnLogan

The obvious things to check:

1) Make sure that nothing else is attempting to access the port (Hardware utility, Palm Sync, etc.)
2) That the USB cable is secure and working properly
3) That the correct VCP driver version is installed

I appreciate the suggestions, but these do not explain why the lagging happens in almost the same exact time only on certain sequences. All of these suggestions would cause issues at random times.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>