timing Intervals

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ChrisL1976 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: timing Intervals
    Posted: 03 Sep 2008 at 3:54pm
How do you set up timing.  I typically just use 0.1 sec. but I dont see any way of getting it to do that automatically.  Do I have to go pick every 0.1 sec for the entire song. I see the blue lines and they are 0.1 seconds, but when I try to insert a command....nothing happens

So how do you set up timing?

Edited by ChrisL1976 - 03 Sep 2008 at 3:54pm
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
peteandvanessa View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote peteandvanessa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2008 at 4:10pm
You dont, you use timing marks. Aurora is different from D-Light, it doesn't use a set grid of timing marks, Aurora lets the user place the marks onto the grid.

So lets say you want to mark a time at 1 sec and 2 secs, you use the timing marker to set the timing marks on the grid (it's the clock symbol that sets the marks).

So now you have a start mark and finish mark. Now click on the selection tool and then left click between the two timing marks. Then right click and select split cells, you can thern split the cells into equal amount (so two for splitting the cell into two). The cell will then split into two (or 4 or 5 or 6 etc etc)
ChrisL1976 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2008 at 5:45pm
Thanks

that helps to reduce some of the clutter from 2-3 minutes of 0.1 intervals

Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote peteandvanessa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2008 at 5:56pm
You will find with time that sequencing goes much much faster. I rough out the beats fist and then put in the effects. The cell splitting is awesome. if you have a 16 channel mega tree and you want to spin it between two timing marks you can split it to 16 cells and the maga tree will prefectly "Spin" between the two timing points.

Sweeeeeeeet
mmciver View Drop Down

Quote mmciver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2008 at 2:57pm
Any good advice on how to pick out the beats?  I seem to be a little musically challenged and would love advice on this:)

Mike.

Mike

What do you mean I have enough lights?
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote peteandvanessa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2008 at 4:02pm
The beat markers are actually marked by Aurora (meaning that the Aurora S/W "parses" the music file" and actually marks the major beats in the music). When you see the waveform of the music at the top you will see (if you look carefully) the beats marked out with little gray lines at the top. These are the BEATs :-)
mmciver View Drop Down

Quote mmciver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2008 at 5:08pm
Thanks,

I will take a look!

Mike.

Mike

What do you mean I have enough lights?
 Post Reply Post Reply