Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Will not display very fast sequence sections

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mbyers23 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote mbyers23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Will not display very fast sequence sections
    Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 9:20am
I am running a few sequence sections with lights starting at 100% and fading out in about 0.4 seconds.  When I get to this section a portion of the pattern seems to get skipped over as if the computer can't keep up.

I am running V 1.29 and D-light firmware 1.15 Beta (which handles my LEDs well).

I have and AMD x64 computer and it should have plenty of horsepower.  Should I be upgrading to the latest Aurora Beta to be compatable with firmware 1.15?

Thanks,
Marcus
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 9:46am
I'm trying to remember the specifics since all of my controllers used for testing are in the yard right now...

I think beta 1.15 firmware had an issue with short ramps, but I can't remember what it was.  I remember having to drop back to 1.13 and resolder in a bunch of 220 ohm resistors instead of 180 ohm on R1-R16 last year to get the LEDs to work since the 1.15 beta firmware had a show stopper issue with ramps for me. 

I'm way behind schedule setting up this year, so I don't have results for 1.16 yet, but I imagine it would be fixed by now.

If you are still on 1.0.29 then you might want to consider upgrading Aurora as well.
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 12:18pm
v1.15Beta has a known issue with short ramps.  A work around was put into place where short "On" commands were rendered as a "pop" effect.  v1.17 has the LED fix, so you may want to try that. 
~Jonathan
 Post Reply Post Reply