Dual network, not sending to Net 1

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
  Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2009 at 1:49pm
Go ahead and carefully (make backups first ) move the rest of your Net 1 channels to the new network.  If it works, then I'll put in the issues list that moving from one adapter to another for the same network ID has issues that need to be looked at.

Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2009 at 1:51pm
Great. Thank you for your help.
Fine. You're so smart you rig up the lights.
D-Light users Unite!
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2009 at 2:50pm
Well, DANG! Now that I moved all of Net1 to Net3, Not Net2 gets dropped!
currently there is one physical controllers on each network (ACx16), and thre are six ACx16s configured for each network.
D-Light users Unite!
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2009 at 2:55pm
Ok... that really doesn't make much sense.

What happens if you make a dummy channel assigned to Net 1 (with all of the real stuff on Net 2 and 3)?
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2009 at 3:30pm
No dice...
I added a single channel to Net1 Controler1 channel 1, then I added Net1 IDE0 (something high), then Net4/4/1, then Net 4/E6/1.

Once the network is lost, Aurora does need to be closed out, then restarted to get it back.

I also just tried a install/repair, got a message about msxml being locked.
D-Light users Unite!
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2009 at 3:46pm
Okay, so I just tried the last trick, from Net3 to Net4, move 2 channels, still doesn't help.
Now Net2 that keps dropping.

I suppose that I could go back to how it was, then create Net3, then slowly start moving chennels until it fails again.
D-Light users Unite!
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2009 at 9:14am
Is it always failing on the same sequence?
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2009 at 6:52pm
No, no it's not.
Took me a bit loner to get back to you this time because I was doing the last few bits of wireing of the new controllers. So....
Now I'm on the tablet, Windows XP, clean install as of 2009, up to date on all MS updates, clean install of 1.0.69, never had an old install.
I'm using the same two D-Light RS485 V3 adapters, D-Light's USB to USB(mini), known good ethernet cables.

Running burn-in sequece instead of show intro.
Different computer.
Brand new controllers.
OEM Firmware 1.14
Two controllers on each network (16/19 on Net1, 17/18 on Net2)
Net1 = Com4
Net2 = Com5
Entire song did not play though this time, I selected a 30 second timeframe to loop.
Speed set to 115K

D-Light users Unite!
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2009 at 7:51pm
So this is a highlighted loop in Aurora sequencer (not the Borealis scheduler)?

Hmmm... I think I can see in the code how this could happen in Aurora, but I do not believe it should affect Borealis during a real show.  You might want to reboot and check Borealis to make sure I'm correct though.

Although I can't replicate it here, I believe each loop iteration is rapidly closing/reopening the COM port (instead of holding it open like it should) and the COM driver on your system isn't keeping up.  More specifically, the driver is writing commands from the buffer to the line when the close request comes in (so the buffer has to finish dumping before the close completes), but the open request arrives before the buffer is emptied.  I've seen this situation generate a race condition in the FTDI COM Emulation drivers before.  It puts the adapter into a state where it isn't open, but it isn't closed either.  Sometimes replugging the adapter (with Aurora closed) will reset it, but other times a full reboot is required.

We have a fix for the race condition in beta (it was developed as a part of 1.2), but it is far to extensive to successfully roll out for this season.  I'm looking at a simpler patch for this specific issue (improve the COM reset logic so the line holds during looping).  I have a note which says the current reset was put in place due to a Vista issue, so I may have to do a bit of testing to figure out what is going on with Vista before fixing this.

Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2009 at 8:18pm

Highlit section in Aurora this time, correct. Before tonight, there was not a highlit section, then full song ran.

Alright, I'll create a simple show tomarow and see if on song 2, or loop 2 anything gets dropped. If Borealis is happy, then we're happy.

Can't replicate it? Weird. I have the exact same thing on two compleately seperate computers. Tablet's XP and a few years old though, may be slower and not communicating as fast. I think both computers are USB 1.0 though.
D-Light users Unite!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>