RGB Flood Lights

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
brunnesa View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Online Status: Offline
  Quote brunnesa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 11:56am

So each PCB requires 3 channels?  I noticed that you put 2 PCB's inside an enclosure. So did you use 6 channels for that one fixture or did you jumper it?  How may amps are you pulling per PCB when all LED's are on?  I am looking at power supplys and trying to figure out which one to buy.  Thanks.

bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 1:36pm
I have 3 channels per light - the reds, greens, blues and + are y'd together.  I don't know what amperage they are drawing but it can't be that high. I used a simple cheap old  ac adapter to test the boards as I built them and the DCx16 power supply is from an old computer 4mm tape drive unit.
brunnesa View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote brunnesa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 1:47pm
Ok, well i will go with a 5 or 10 amp 12 volt DC power supply then.  Any bigger than that and the dimensions of them become too large.  I am planning on running 5 fixtures of two PCB's with each DCx16.  So do all of the positives coming from each channel on the DCX16 get tied together and then just run one positive to each PCB?   The negitives are used to trigger?
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 1:54pm

I checked with Darryl and the DCx16 is positive common..  I actually run them to each light then they are tied tocether inside the light. I used ps/2 cables from computers because it was conviently 6 wire and have the nice small plugs.  The got some 20 to 100 foot ps/2 extensions so I can pretty much put them anywhere in the yar if I wanted.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123