Aurora 1.0.68 (beta) Video Fixes Interim

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
  Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aurora 1.0.68 (beta) Video Fixes Interim
    Posted: 30 Jun 2009 at 8:16pm

This is not a “release” version of Aurora.  This is an interim beta version of Aurora which is being made available to the public.  Do not use this version of Aurora unless:

1. You need this update for a July 4 show
  2. Your show needs one of the following:

a)      Improved video sequence support

b)     Fixed LOR2 importer

c)      Use of shimmer/twinkle ramp effects on LOR hardware (4.3+)

Everyone else should wait until the public release is finalized.

Being a beta release, there is no guarantee that everything will work properly in this version of Aurora.  We’re still working on this release (we think we've got the big issues resolved, but additional testing is still taking place).  If you need something now to get the July show with video started, then this is for you.

Important: Install will not go correctly if you do not do all of the following before using: Uninstall all previous Aurora versions, reboot, install this version, reboot again. 

If it becomes necessary to drop back to 1.0.41 (if this beta doesn’t work for you) then you will need to follow the same “double reboot” steps as above when going back to 1.0.41.

1.0.68 beta Release Notes:

- Adds support for LOR 4.3+ firmware shimmer/twinkle ramps and intensity

- Improves handling of video sequences

- Improves Handling of second/third/etc. monitor assignment

- Introduces new Audiovisual playback engine

- Adds "Video Preview" mouseover to Aurora

- Adds optional "logo screen" for display during non-video sequences

- Removes legacy support of MSDXM

- Fixes LOR2 file import issues

- Improves CPU usage

This version still does not properly support MPG video or MPG encoded AVI files.  WMV and uncompressed AVI are supported and will work well.  For use with this specific beta, WMV video files are recommended (another format might work but there are no guarantees).

If you experience jittery playback try adjusting the checkbox for the CPU relief algorithms in the playback preferences.

If the video preview mouseover doesn’t perform well (slows down the sequencer) then it can be disabled in the video/monitor properties.  This is a feature still in development which (for now anyway) requires a decent system to utilize, so users with slower systems should probably disable this.

Last but not least, the link:

Edited by LightsOnLogan - 01 Jul 2009 at 8:34am
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2009 at 8:35am
Updated the link above to be 1.0.68 instead of 1.0.67.  1.0.68 fixes a heartbeat issue and a LOR 4.3+ firmware issue that were in 1.0.67.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2009 at 8:35am
Update from the beta group:

This version appears to be fairly stable.  LOR 4.3+ effects are working perfectly and the controller lock is much more responsive.  CPU use during playback will vary by system, but is about 3% here in the lab (a big improvement from the previous CPU usage).

What we are sorting out:

1. Some video driver and CODEC compatibility issues which could result in choppy video playback on some systems (audio only sequences are not affected by this issue). 

2. Some "cleanup" issues where Borealis isn't completely removed from memory when closed (check the task manager to make sure it is really gone if you close it).

Regarding issue #1: if you have used 1.0.68 with video then I would like to hear from you (both positive and negative results).  Please contact me with your system specs (processor, number of processors which show in task manager, RAM, and most importantly your graphics adapter model).

Edited by LightsOnLogan - 02 Jul 2009 at 8:38am
Buckeyelights View Drop Down

Quote Buckeyelights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2009 at 6:51pm
Is it recommended that a new Aurora user now upgrade to 1.0.68?

I'm looking forward to the fixes on LOR2 imports and the twinkle/shimmer on ramps, that'll be cool.  I'm also hopefully that the CPU improvement will help me a whole lot too.

Tks!
Joe
Tony Furst View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Tony Furst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2009 at 10:32am
Joe,
Since you are using LOR hardware some of the fixes could be a help and you also gain the ability to upload LOR2 stuff.  I have not made the upgrade since I am using D-Light I don't really gain any functionality.  BTW did you ever find a version of Santa Baby that you like?  I may have one by a different artist I'll have to look.

Tony 
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup
Buckeyelights View Drop Down

Quote Buckeyelights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2009 at 11:57am
Originally posted by Tony Furst

Joe,
Since you are using LOR hardware some of the fixes could be a help and you also gain the ability to upload LOR2 stuff.  I have not made the upgrade since I am using D-Light I don't really gain any functionality.  BTW did you ever find a version of Santa Baby that you like?  I may have one by a different artist I'll have to look.

Tony 

Thanks Tony!  I think I'll give the new version a try.

As far as Santa Baby, I did get one, but it's an LOR2 file, so I don't know if I'll like it or not.  If you get a chance to look for your version, let me know, it would be appreciated.  As I recall your display has a mega tree, arches for sure, both of which match what I'm trying to do, so that would help a lot.

Tks!!!
Joe
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2009 at 12:52pm
Since switching to 1.0.68 I've noticed that I've started getting the following errors alot:

Debugging Information:
339: Component '' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid
Refresh Grid  
AuroraSequencer
Update: Deinstalled and reinstalled. For now it appears as if perhaps the problem hads stopped.

Edited by bdkeen - 14 Jul 2009 at 2:22pm
 Post Reply Post Reply