rgb channel problem?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JohnnyL View Drop Down
Pre-Order User
Pre-Order User

Online Status: Offline
  Quote JohnnyL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2009 at 9:53pm
"In God We Trust" all others pay cash
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2009 at 10:22pm
My computer knowledge is limited to what I learned in the 90's, but that did NOT look like an Aurora error.  That looked like a sector of your memory went bad error.  If the computer starts behaving strangely, a bad portion of memory may be the cause.  To be safe, I'd suggest doing a thorough memory scan of the system.  You can access those tools in the BIOS of the computer by doing a cold boot.  The screen will flash "Press F2 for BIOS Options" or whatever key your BIOS uses to get into the BIOS menu.  From there you should be able to access the tools you need to diagnose any hardware issues.
~Jonathan
JohnnyL View Drop Down
Pre-Order User
Pre-Order User

Quote JohnnyL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2009 at 12:09am
i only got that error when i deleted all of the channels in that sequence. after the first time it did it, i shut down and did the cold boot. when i reopened Aurora and the channels were still there so i made a new sequence, added the channels and no more error. i guess the workaround for this is going to delete and redo the RGB channels in all of our sequences until its fixed. if you want a copy of the test sequence ill send it to you guys if you think it will help.   Thanks Again, John
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2009 at 12:53pm
It's much easier to set up RGB channel by channel (by right clicking and choosing "add new channel") rather than add a controller and then edit it to fit the channel settings, firefly excepted. 

I think you were lucky.  The memory error happened to occur with Aurora instead of say, the operating system. 
~Jonathan
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2009 at 2:41pm
My fist year this year using a DCx16 and RGB for MR15 LED wash units. Using channels 1 -12 in RGB fashion to drive 4 wash units and the remaing 4 channels individually.  It's been working perfectly for me.
JohnnyL View Drop Down
Pre-Order User
Pre-Order User

Quote JohnnyL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2009 at 5:02pm
yeah, i dont want or need any new quirks with "Fistya". hopefully with this workaround we can keep moving forward. Thanks a bunch for help. i hope you guys can figure out what caused it. maybe it had something to do with the import thing i mentioned in another thread.

this is my first year with the DCx16's and RGB and Aurora. for us, its much easier to use than S2 especially with the RGB and we should have switched over last year but it was too late. i think if we had done so we wouldve finished a few more songs than we did.

Thanks Again, John 
JohnnyL View Drop Down
Pre-Order User
Pre-Order User

Quote JohnnyL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2009 at 6:34pm
the RGB problem has happened again. this time it is only in one sequence. ive tried deleting and reentering the channels to the point of frustration. this time however only 2 of the DCx16's are acting up. ID's "B" and "C". i will add that all 7 of the other completed sequences run flawless. any ideas as to what might be causing this?  Thanks, John
JohnnyL View Drop Down
Pre-Order User
Pre-Order User

Quote JohnnyL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2009 at 4:42pm
BUMP!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12