Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Online Status: Offline
  Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RGB Tool
    Posted: 28 Jan 2009 at 6:59am
I take it in 1.0.41 the RGB tools is only good for FireFly?  Was hoping that it might be usable for MR16 LED 'Wash units' running off a DCx16..  If I'm reading the forum correctly this is something coming in 2009? Wouldn't it perhaps be nice if one could identify 3 channels to RGB - especially for flood or wash lighting?

Have started to build the MR16 units, the DCx16 should be arriving in a few days. And started tweaking sequences for 2009 adding video for projector, strobes, 64 more channels (and still counting LOL).  Thought I'd try to explore and exploit more of Aurora's capabilities.
ChrisL1976 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2009 at 7:30am
No, it should work for Floods as well. I am pretty sure Michael used it for his floods this year, I think.

I haven't figured it out completely yet. You have to create new channel specifically for it. If you right click in the channel area pick add new channel, you will see a option for something like RGB tool over acx16/dcx16. It will let you assign the 3 channels for the RBG in that box.  Only catch I have found is the channels you pick cant already exist.

If you have device 1 in your list--16 channels   If you want  RGB on channels 1,2, and 3 of device 1.  You have to erase 1-3 first before you can add the RBG channel.  If not, it gives you a error message.

Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2009 at 11:35am
Thanks Chris - I'll have to give that a shot I just did the add new controller for the DCx16 and tyhat's probably why I can't see it deo anything.

Thanks

Edit: Yup - that works..  Just the channel count shown when saving isn't accurqate (no big deal)
Now Just figuring out how to ramp on rgb channel(s) Start at black and transition to color  - doesn't show a ramp on appearance in the preview.  It might be doing what I want just not showing it in the preview. Will have to check when I actually get the controller finished and hooked up.

Edited by bdkeen - 28 Jan 2009 at 11:59am
LightChristmas View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2009 at 11:57am
Used it with 2 sets of floods this past season. Imagine a FF on steroids!

bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2009 at 6:21pm
I'm planning and building 5 MR15 'wash' units to drive off a DCx16.  First prototype unit (6 lamps) is built, DCx16 should arrive in the next day or two. The enclosure is done and awaiting the DCx16, then a trip to the junk yard for some connectors from a few junk cars to bbuild some cables and I should be ready to do live testing.

Got a really nice aluminum NOS military enclosure that looks like it was meant for use in a submarine.. Appears to have been a case for the test set for the PRC-25 Military Squad Radio.  (We'll turn anything in something for Christmas Lights! LOL) - It nicely matches the battleship grey of the ACx16 enclosures too. 
 Post Reply Post Reply