Aurora Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Aurora Sequencer Software > Aurora 1.0 > Feature Requests
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Pause a Show

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ChrisL1976 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pause a Show
    Posted: 17 Dec 2008 at 4:02pm
I'd like to be able to pause a show and make a announcement without it restarting all over.  I've had a few people watching the show lately that have had their music up a tad bit on the loud side.  I'd like to be able to pause my show for 10 second and kindly tell them to turn it down. Especially when they have 3 kids in the car and I can just about hear the words from the song in my house.
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
peteandvanessa View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote peteandvanessa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2008 at 5:33pm
Originally posted by ChrisL1976

I'd like to be able to pause a show and make a announcement without it restarting all over.  I've had a few people watching the show lately that have had their music up a tad bit on the loud side.  I'd like to be able to pause my show for 10 second and kindly tell them to turn it down. Especially when they have 3 kids in the car and I can just about hear the words from the song in my house.

Just patch in a micorphone to the show computer, turn the music down from your system tray and say "Oi, I can see and hear you, turn the music down"

That would scare the pants off them, almost ghost like Clap
deweycooter View Drop Down
Development
Development

Quote deweycooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2008 at 6:03pm
Actually - I like the idea of being able to jump fwd / back or even to a specific sequence in the show instead of having to stop change the order... Toward the lower end of the priority list though.  :)
Slinkard View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote Slinkard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2008 at 8:17pm
Aye, I'm with dewey on that. being able to minipulate the show in the scheduler w/o shutting it down would be a very useful feature for me. I take request in the front yard with my Iphone and I have to stop the show everytime then switch over to Aurora Seq to play there song.

Slink

Coming soon www.computerizedlights.com
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2008 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by Slinkard

Aye, I'm with dewey on that. being able to minipulate the show in the scheduler w/o shutting it down would be a very useful feature for me. I take request in the front yard with my Iphone and I have to stop the show everytime then switch over to Aurora Seq to play there song.

Slink

You know if you double click in the current show you can change the lineup while its playing....wait will your current playing song ends, then click SAVE and it will start the show over in your new order....

Edited:  Not recommended to do per reasons below

Edited by ChrisL1976 - 17 Dec 2008 at 10:15pm
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2008 at 9:53pm
Chris,

While you are correct in that Borealis is designed as you described, some users inexplicably get a BOF/EOF error when attempting the procedure you describe.  I haven't been able to replicate the circumstances which lead to the error (it's as if the ADO recordset is going out of scope... which makes no sense since it is a global object).  Until that is fixed, the "official" word is that Borealis must be stopped before editing any schedules.  Borealis actually does contain a "insert into playlist now" feature as well as skip forward/back features, but those have been disabled until the BOF/EOF error can be sorted out.
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2008 at 9:53pm
I've also had a few times it would be nice to pause rather than restart..  I've got a couple of handly little announcements I made using AT&T's text to speech demo (free online) and I just pop them up in Media Player..  lower the volume in for Borealis a little and give Media player full volume (since Vista lets you control sound from applications independently). Haven't had too many times I needed to use them but have them handy on the desktop just in case.
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2008 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by bdkeen

I've also had a few times it would be nice to pause rather than restart..  I've got a couple of handly little announcements I made using AT&T's text to speech demo (free online) and I just pop them up in Media Player..  lower the volume in for Borealis a little and give Media player full volume (since Vista lets you control sound from applications independently). Haven't had too many times I needed to use them but have them handy on the desktop just in case.

I learn something new everyday.......I'm such a Vista Newbie....LOL
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
 Post Reply Post Reply