Aurora Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Aurora Sequencer Software > Aurora 1.0 > Feature Requests
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Visual in Borealis

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
TheQueb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote TheQueb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Visual in Borealis
    Posted: 05 Dec 2008 at 3:37pm
This may have been mentioned but I didn't see it.  It'd be nice to see either the sequence scrolling by or a visualizer while the show is running in Borealis.  I forget what's supposed to be happening alot and have to go back and look if I'm questioning whether a sequence looks right these days.
80 D-Light-ful Channels
Southeast Texas Lights
D-Light Users
ChrisL1976 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2008 at 3:43pm
you can already do that in Aurora....Borealis is just to play your shows. If you start adding visual effects to borealis, your just going increase the computer requirements to run the show. Thus increasing , in most caes, user issues.  Keep the scheduler as simples as you can.  I just turn on the light bulb and watch my sequences in Aurora and just tweak from there.  
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
breakbenj View Drop Down
Pre-Order User
Pre-Order User

Quote breakbenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2008 at 6:28pm
I thought we could'nt have Aurora running while the schedular was running shows
Jeff

bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2008 at 6:43pm
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2008 at 11:44pm
It's generally not a good idea, but you can actually have both running.  I usually have Aurora open because each day it seems I need to check something or other I see in a song that I want to look at closer.  You can actually play the sequence in Aurora sequencer the same time Borealis is running the show, but I certainly don't recommend it.  You, and everyone else listening in on your FM transmitter will end up hearing two audio files.  You cannot play a sequence in Borealis and send commands out via Aurora sequencer at the same time.  One or the other will have priority. 

I tend to not do any tweaking while the scheduler is running.  It's got enough on it's plate without having to worry about another program stealing memory. 
~Jonathan
ChrisL1976 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2008 at 7:29pm
I cant run both.......locks scheduler everytime
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
Slinkard View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote Slinkard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2008 at 6:23pm
I have no problem running both. I actually sequence too while the scheduler is running. But I don't hit the play back function! I just do the beats and things of that sort.

Coming soon www.computerizedlights.com
 Post Reply Post Reply