Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

How short can ramps be?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Pony_God View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2008 at 5:44pm
Hay, I compleately understand killing feature creap....
I'll just have to go back though and swap out all of the mini tres and arches for ONs first. Then I'll worry about the eves.
Fine. You're so smart you rig up the lights.
D-Light users Unite!
ChrisL1976 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2008 at 6:07pm
Dead  the thought of going back and changing  all those short ramps to stepped full on.
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2008 at 6:15pm
New Feature Request:    Find and Replace Function  

Find all ramps less than 0.15 and replace with.........

Think we can have this by Monday?   LOL
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2008 at 8:07pm
How about at least a "you have X ramps that are to short." so that it's the least amount of impact? Possibly a tiny external thing like the export? I know it's not the best, but I'd much rather have a stable 1.1 out, then add more things to the next release that need to be tested.
D-Light users Unite!
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2008 at 8:11pm
I was joking about the find and replace.......LOL

Keep things stable.......
I'll just spend some time this weekend replacing ramps.
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2008 at 8:37pm
lawn chair
laptop
nice hot tottie....
some really "inovative" displays. :)
D-Light users Unite!
Comporder1 View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote Comporder1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2008 at 10:26pm
Michael,
I am wondering if some of the short ramp issues may be related to Aurora..... I was running some tests today on my arches. I had everything unplugged except my 4 ACx16 arch controllers, wired using the USB adaptor. I used Aurora (editor) to test parts of certain sequences and more often than not, my aches were OFF. I decided that it was too late to do anything about it, so I just let it run, as is for my first night live. So I set up the scheduler and started the show..... and much to my surprise, many of my leaps that would not even register before, now look half way decent! So.... Aurora = nothing..... Scheduler = LEAPS!!  Explain that! Smile 

Carey

Edited by Comporder1 - 29 Nov 2008 at 10:29pm
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2008 at 11:06am
Comporder1,

There is presently an issue with running the visualizer at the same time as running the output to the lights in the current version which will cause what you describe.  Don't run those two combined.  You shouldn't see what you described when running the grid/lights pair (but it does happen with the visualizer/lights pair).  Of course, Borealis doesn't have to worry about pairing at all so it does just as well (or slightly better) as grid/lights.

Long story short... the visualizer/lights pairing is the result of a Vista compatibility change.  While Vista can run MSCOMM32, too many users were completely unable to install it on Vista due to "magic combinations" of UAC, elevation level, login credentials, sunspots, moon phase, and relative humidity.  Because of this we ditched MSCOMM32 in favor of a different COM handler.  The thread timing is different on the new handler than the old one, so some frames are dropping when the visualizer is running.  We plan to fix this in 2009, but in the meantime avoid the visualizer/lights combo.
Comporder1 View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote Comporder1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2008 at 2:22pm

For the record..... I was using the Grid/lights combination on XP Home. I will say that my dedicated "Christmas Light" laptop is not the most snappy machine (Celeron M 1.3Mhz/1.25GB RAM), but it seems to handle Aurora fine.

LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2008 at 4:20pm
What zoom level were you at?  Try zooming out so that the page count is less when "generating preview frames".  It is possible that you were hitting the page file (disk rendering) instead of rendering in memory.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>