Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Bulk editor problems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
rvcullen View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote rvcullen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bulk editor problems
    Posted: 20 Oct 2008 at 11:15am
I have been trying to use bulk editor to convert my channels to some imported ones, but after I change all the numbers and it tries to save, I get a 380 error: invalid property, and it crashes the whole program.
Worse is that it seems to mess up the save somehow because when i reload it, it has lost 13 channels, totally gone?? very weird.
Anybody have an idea what does the error. I can manually change the channels individually,but I have 25 songs to do, so that kinda stinks.
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2008 at 11:21am
Think I've seen this happened for me as well from time to time. I think the work around I did was to not try and do too many changes at one time..  Change some, save file, change some more, save again, change more - you get the idea.

I didn't try to figure out if there's some cutoff point or something unique I was doing where the error happens.
LightChristmas View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2008 at 12:15pm
Its been reported. Should have a fix soon.

Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2008 at 12:20pm
That's exactly why I was editing on a one by one basis, but them got bit by the single edit screen locking up if I use CTRL modifier, so I just typed everything out the long way for every channel.
Fine. You're so smart you rig up the lights.
D-Light users Unite!
tonyjmartin View Drop Down

Quote tonyjmartin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2008 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by rvcullen

Worse is that it seems to mess up the save somehow because when i reload it, it has lost 13 channels, totally gone?? very weird.
and
Originally posted by bdkeen

I think the work around I did was to not try and do too many changes at one time..  Change some, save file, change some more, save again, change more - you get the idea.

All the more reason to get into the habit of saving new versions with a different name (i.e.: SongNameV1.dls, SongNameV2.dls, etc.) so that you can always go back to the last complete version of a sequence.

Closing Aurora between working on different sequences is a good habit for now as well.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
jberner View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote jberner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2008 at 7:00pm
I was a frequent saver until I moved a channel and it corrupted a bunch of other stuff.
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2008 at 8:10pm
I save before every few plays.
I do maintain off-site backups though.
Fine. You're so smart you rig up the lights.
D-Light users Unite!
 Post Reply Post Reply