Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Help Importing channels to shared sequence

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
rvcullen View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote rvcullen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help Importing channels to shared sequence
    Posted: 16 Oct 2008 at 1:38pm
I am trying to import my channels into a shared sequence I downloaded. The problem is that it will automatically delete or move the sequence info if the the ID's do not match.
My problem is that the original sequence used 16 channel units, and I only have 8 channel units, so no matter what I try I can't make the channel ID's match.
Is there another way to do this?  I matched my template in order of placement like the original, but it won't let me copy and paste the whole sequence either.
Is there a way to import just the order of the channel listing, but not affect the ID's and having it automatically move the sequence around on me?
ChrisL1976 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2008 at 2:06pm
Do you own a copy of the program that your getting the sequence from???  LOR, D-Light spectrum?   If so....will have to go in a do some work on the original sequences and split the 16 channels controllers into 2 - 8 channel controllers.

If you dont......if you ask..someone may help you out.   

Let us know what you have? and what kind of sequence your trying to bring in.

Edited by ChrisL1976 - 16 Oct 2008 at 2:10pm
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
rvcullen View Drop Down

Quote rvcullen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2008 at 9:23pm
Thanks. Actaully it is an Auroroa sequence already. SO the dilemna is just the channels. I am thinking of making a template with just the naming of channels changed, but leaving the ID's alone. this way, I can send over the names and colors, etc,and hopefully the drawing. ThenI will just have to manually change the IDS with the bulk editor. SOunds like it should work pretty painlessly, just a little more time.
Sound good?
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2008 at 7:27am
Have you tried loading the original sequence, then use the bulk channel editor to match the ID's and channels to your configuration, then import channels from your template (or a good completed sequence for your setup)?

Any ID and channel that's not in your 8 channel template will get lost during the template import. You can always put the channels into your template. The key is to match the original to your setup then do the import. I've used this method in alot of  imports from LOR, Spectrum, and Aurora mapping the device id's and channels to my 112 channel setup then importing channels from one of my completed sequences.
rvcullen View Drop Down

Quote rvcullen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2008 at 2:03pm
Yeah, that seems to work best. I did kind of the same thing. Just a matter of having to set the channels after importing the names. Works pretty fast with the bulk editor anyway.

Thanks for all the help!!  Happy Lighting!
 Post Reply Post Reply