Aurora Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Vault > I'm New From Spectrum And I Need Help!
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedoutput to the controller

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bcwinery View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote bcwinery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: output to the controller
    Posted: 21 Sep 2008 at 5:15pm
I am having trouble outputting my sequence to my controller.  I imported a sequence that I had made with Spectrum.  I created a serial network configuration that matched my controller ID and COM Port.  I then made sure that the tracks were numbered properly and the correct controller ID was selected and the correct network was selected.  When I click on the "Send to Lights" button, the LED on my controller stops blinking.  (It is connected)  But when I push the play button, during the loading the LED starts blinking again, then the music starts, but no lights come on.  Besides just downloading the software and installing it, is there something else that I need to do?  Or did I miss something in the initial setup?
LightChristmas View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2008 at 8:04pm

11. Click the SETTINGS tab. Click SERIAL NETWORK CONFIGURATION. The Network should be 1 and the COM Port should be what you had written down as the COM port used with the HWU. If not, change it by clicking DELETE NETWORK, then clicking ADD NEW NETWORK.

12. Your sequence. Click a channel to display the properties of that channel. NETWORK SEGMENT should be set at 1 for all channels present in the sequence, and the same for the DEVICE ID since you stated you only have one controller(should be set to whatever ID you assigned the controller via the HWU). If not, change it.

bcwinery View Drop Down

Quote bcwinery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2008 at 5:41am
Yeah, all of that is set.  I reset my computer, and now the light stays solid, but nothing gets output to the controller.  I started a brand new sequence, and the same problem
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2008 at 6:37am
Just has a "DUH!!" moment (really need that head slapping smiley)!

Did you click the "light bulb" icon prior to playback?

bcwinery View Drop Down

Quote bcwinery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2008 at 6:41am
Yeah, the red LED on the controller goes solid, so there is a connection, but no lights.
peteandvanessa View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote peteandvanessa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2008 at 9:06am
Can you share the sequence with us so we can take a look at it. Seem to me there is something wrong with the sequence or how the comms is set up.
bcwinery View Drop Down

Quote bcwinery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2008 at 9:08am

how do you share the sequence? 

I wont be able to get it until later tonight....I am at work now.
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2008 at 9:17am
You can upload it here (pre-registration required).

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Aurorafileswappers/

bcwinery View Drop Down

Quote bcwinery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2008 at 6:32pm
Ok, so my computer may be a little messed up.  Hardware utility recognized that I was plugged into COM PORT 4. So that is what I made my setting, however, I changed USB ports on my computer, and Hardware Utility still recognized it as COM PORT 4.  Different USB, same COM PORT. I dont know......Now it works.  But I ran into another problem.  Everything outputs just fine, except when I want to do a ramp shimmer, or a ramp twinkle.  Regular ramp and regular twinkle work, but as soon as I mess with the Start and End levels, nothing goes on. If I make both the Start and End levels the same....it works just fine.
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2008 at 6:41pm
Plugging the USB cord into any port should result in the same COM # because it's the RS485 adapter (or LOR equivalent) that is doing the work.  Think of it like plugging a lamp into any power outlet.  The lamp will work the same way no matter which outlet you choose.

If you browse through some of the other forums, you'll find that the ramp issue is a known bug.  We've been told it will be corrected with the next release, which should be pretty soon.
~Jonathan
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>