Dual Monitors

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ChrisL1976 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dual Monitors
    Posted: 03 Sep 2008 at 9:54pm

I see the function for dual monitors, but when I put the other window on the second screen, all it does is shows  Windows Media Player.  Is this a working functions, or do I need to change some setting to get it to work?

Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2008 at 10:05pm

It asked me to move some box there and click ok...

I thought it was for the video file output?
Fine. You're so smart you rig up the lights.
D-Light users Unite!
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2008 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by Pony_God

I thought it was for the video file output?

Hmm.....never thought about that.....I thought maybe it moved the visualizer to the other monitor so you could see the timeline scroll as the visualizer plays..
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2008 at 10:11pm
Can't test right now, only on the tablet at night.
If we don't figure it out I'll look tomarow.
Fine. You're so smart you rig up the lights.
D-Light users Unite!
LightChristmas View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2008 at 10:23pm
Nope - thats for video output, projector, TV, etc. So you can synchronize video clips as well as audio.

Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2008 at 10:30pm
Thanks...
That makes sense.
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
peteandvanessa View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote peteandvanessa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2008 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by ChrisL1976

I see the function for dual monitors, but when I put the other window on the second screen, all it does is shows  Windows Media Player.  Is this a working functions, or do I need to change some setting to get it to work?

Its fully working but you need to start a new sequence with a VIDEO file, like a WMV.

The it will parse the video and allow you to playback the video on Dual screens (Aurora simulation of your house on one screen and the vidoe playback can be dragged to the second screen. Pretty neat eh!
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2008 at 4:01pm
In a future version we plan to allow the preview to be float and/or occupy a second/third/etc. monitor.  At the moment this isn't an option.  The code is presently there, but some efficiency issues have kept this feature disabled until a future upgrade of the graphics engine.

The option you were setting up was which screen to use for video playback (projector) for sequencing videos.
dan003400 View Drop Down

Quote dan003400 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2008 at 4:45pm
i dont understand what wmv file you open for the ALT Video or what ever it is...
peteandvanessa View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote peteandvanessa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2008 at 6:19pm
What you do is to start Aurora, then you can start a new sequence. When it asks for a new file point it to the wmv file (video file). It will then parse the video file to create the new sequence. The video will play back in the video window as well as allowing you to sync your lights to the sounds in the video itself.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>