Aurora Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Aurora Sequencer Software > Aurora 1.0 > Feature Requests
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Aurora wishlist

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
joeengler View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Online Status: Offline
  Quote joeengler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2008 at 4:52pm

How about displaying a counter/timer on the visualizer screen,

this would big a big help when watching the visualizer and you see a place you want to adjust something.

kedogn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote kedogn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2008 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by joeengler

How about displaying a counter/timer on the visualizer screen,

this would big a big help when watching the visualizer and you see a place you want to adjust something.

Maybe I am not understanding you, but when I use visualizer, I can see the time rolling up in the upper left of my screen... its how I know where to look when I want to change or add something.
BOOMER SOONER!

Lee Family Lights
joeengler View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote joeengler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2008 at 12:34am
Thats funny, when I use the visualizer there is no timer which makes it very hard to figure out where I'm at.

Is there some setup I missed?

jberner View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote jberner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2008 at 9:04am
The visualizer is the virtual show where you draw where the lights go. It does not show the timing.  It is a good suggestion.

It would be cool if we could put bigger pictures in the visualizer.  When you have tons of channels it would make it easier to see what it happening.
ChrisL1976 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2008 at 10:49am
The timing clock is shown and counts up during the playback with the Visualizer.  The clock is directly under the Play/Stop/Light bulb/Visualizer.

Edited by ChrisL1976 - 26 Oct 2008 at 10:50am
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
ChrisL1976 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2008 at 10:50am
opps...double post

Edited by ChrisL1976 - 26 Oct 2008 at 10:51am
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
jberner View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote jberner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2008 at 12:38pm
I see that clock but I think (or at least in my mind) we are looking for the visualizer to be sliding by at the same time.
bmpaul View Drop Down

Quote bmpaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2008 at 5:46pm
I would like to see some kind of jump to time feature. So when I find something that I would like to edit at 3min and 23seconds I could just enter something like 3.23 and click a button instead of scrolling all the way from the beginning or the end. On the other hand I would be one to vote for not making Aurora a very complicated program. I don't have a supercomputer and I would rather not buy one.
jberner View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote jberner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2008 at 7:14pm
Pulling an idea from a different thread, how about an option in the program to have the save feature add a version/build number to the saved sequence name.  i.e. Wizards.0004.dls ("Enable Versioning")

It would also need the ability to limit the previous number of sequences saved ("Recent Saves").  I would recommend 10 or so (or also user configurable with a suggested number) with every 10th save permanently left in place so you could have a historical reference in case you needed to go way back ("Archival Saves"), perhaps in a separate directory.

This feature should be able to be turned off for those space conscious folks.
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2008 at 8:20pm
I think that would be a safety net and make a number of people feel mor comfortable. Although I'd like to see the historical saves in a history directory.
Also, since I save A LOT, I think that the "save point" should be created on sequence open, not sequence save. 10 historicals saves would only get me 1/2 hour back.
Fine. You're so smart you rig up the lights.
D-Light users Unite!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>