Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Waveform to Event copy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Buckeyelights View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Buckeyelights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Waveform to Event copy
    Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 8:44pm
Please explain the waveform to event copy icon in the tool bar.

What does it do?
How do you use it?
An example of how you've used it would be helpful and appreciated.

tks!
Joe
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2012 at 10:36am
The W2E tool creates (many) intensities to match the amplitude of the audio file.  In other words, the louder the music, the brighter your lights will be. 

The advanced features of W2E allow you to control what portion of the audio is used.  For example, you can choose a snare drum that sounds at, oh, C#, and program the lights to go off each time the snare drum is detected within the timing marks you selected.  Leaving W2E set generically means that Aurora will place (many) intensity commands to match the whole audio.

For a visual example, I use W2E on my "What's This?" sequence during the initial narration.  (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etc1dmguTdQ)

Hope this helps.

Edited by Jonathan - 14 Jul 2012 at 1:23am
~Jonathan

Quote Buckeyelights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2012 at 8:00am
Thanks Jonathon!!!

I'm intrigued about your pumpkin face. Did you use the W2E for it? If not, could the W2E be used for singing faces? I have a singing face on a Christmas tree that I've been anxious to use. However making the face talk and sing is very tough. 

Tks!
Joe
LightChristmas View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2012 at 11:36am
Used W2E for my talking tree (DJ Fir) which makes in-show announcements and sings "Mr. Grinch". Makes an otherwise tedious chore a snap. I record my voice via Audacity then change the speed and pitch to make it sound cartoon-ish.

Quote Buckeyelights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2012 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by LightChristmas

Used W2E for my talking tree (DJ Fir) which makes in-show announcements and sings "Mr. Grinch". Makes an otherwise tedious chore a snap. I record my voice via Audacity then change the speed and pitch to make it sound cartoon-ish.

ClapClapClap
That's perfect, exactly what I was hoping for.  Very cool!!!  Oh no, one more thing to add the already too long to-do list. Smile

Tks!!!
Joe
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2012 at 1:20am
W2E is to lights what amplitude is to audio.  Loud sounds go in time with bright lights and low sounds go in time with low light levels. 

I use the same trick LightChristmas does.  I record my own voice "singing", tell Aurora that file is the audio track to be used, create the W2E events, and then replace the audio with the actual show audio once the events have generated.  That way any music that happens to occur during the voice I'm trying to sequence to doesn't throw off the whole effect. 

The singing pumpkin faces are nothing more than a projection that is aimed onto three pumpkins.  No W2E is used.  You can purchase that video here if you like.

Edited by Jonathan - 14 Jul 2012 at 1:21am
~Jonathan
 Post Reply Post Reply