Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

I Can't Create File - Help a Newbie

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ibewill View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ibewill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I Can't Create File - Help a Newbie
    Posted: 23 Apr 2012 at 10:28pm
Hello everyone. I am new to the christmas light shows and am trying to start progamming, but Aurora keeps shutting of on me. When I try to create file it says "Aurora encountered an unexpected error and will now reset". Then it closes the program. I tried 2 different computers and both do the same thing. Someone please tell me how to fix it. Thank you!
LightChristmas View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 5:14pm
We'll need to know what OS you're using, Error Codes if any, and what version of Aurora you're running.

In the meantime, if you're using Vista or Win7, try running Aurora with Admin privileges by right-clicking on the icon and selecting "Run As Admin". If that doesn't make any difference, try uninstalling, reboot, reinstall and reboot to assure everything was installed correctly.

Another thing that can cause file path issues is the use of a thumb drive (when you forget to plug it back in).Wink

ibewill View Drop Down

Quote ibewill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 9:14pm
I am running windows 7. It says version 1.0 build 90.

I can open the program, but if I do anything else, it shuts down and says it enountered a problem and needs to be reset and the closes. No error codes. I already tried un installing and reinstalling twice with reboot in between each step. I tried 2 different computers and same result. I downloaded the lastest version from the Aurora site. I will try the admin fix.

Thanks.
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 7:42am
What specific steps are you doing after opening Aurora that we can use to reproduce your issue?

Michael
ibewill View Drop Down

Quote ibewill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 7:31pm
Double Click the short cut to open Aurora. Then the window pops up to dreate file or import and the window shoes the winter wonderland file. I click create file then the window switches. I put in the name of file. Author name. click the box to find the media file then click the box for the photo. After I input all that info I click createt file and it waits for a second the the "Encountered an unexpected error ...." warning comes up. I click ok then it shuts down.

I'm so excited to start sequencing. but this issue has been so disappointing and frustrating.

Thanks for your help. 
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 9:43pm
What type of file is your media file (wav, mp3, wmv, etc.)?

Michael
ibewill View Drop Down

Quote ibewill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2012 at 6:56am
Hello Michael,

It is an MP3.

I am the guy from Springfield. I have been trying to contact you! What about my offer for dinner? I really, really need a mentor.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2012 at 9:39am
Try converting the MP3 to an uncompressed WAV 16-bit, 2 channel, 44.1k using a program like Audacity to see if it helps.  Aurora converts them all to that WAV format behind the scenes anyway (it needs to get at the uncompressed data to draw the amplitude and spectrogram displays).  We've been having some problems with file type conversions which are being addressed in an upcoming version, but until then the above WAV format is a known workaround.

I'm way too busy for the dinner offer right now, but feel free to email me any questions you have.

Michael
ibewill View Drop Down

Quote ibewill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2012 at 9:13pm
Thanks LightChristmas and LightsonLogan!

Converting to WAV allowed me to create file and load the graph and all.
 Post Reply Post Reply