Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Hardware Utility Download Errors

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
seacap View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote seacap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hardware Utility Download Errors
    Posted: 31 Oct 2010 at 11:34am
Hi,
I have tried to download the hardware utility software to a new computer, but keep getting error code 339, missing MSCOMM32.ocx. I removed all verisons and tried several times with the same result, rebotting eaqch time. I also tried 2 other comutpers with the same result. I first tried it on my laptop running Windows 7 and the other 2 computers running XP Home. I bought 2 new controls in January with the hope of expanding my show this year. I looked on line for ideas and tried just about everything I can find, clean the regestries, update windows, down loaded the ocx file and copied and paste into the sysyem32 file. Went to a computer store and to purchase an older used computer running XP and the programmer there had the same issues. My computer from last year bit the dust and was hoping to use lap top or another computer. But without being able to download the software, I can not run my shoW. The programmer asked me if I had an older version of the software, no. The only version is on the site. Could there possibly be a problem with the software downloading? Any help would be great.
Have A Grate Day:)
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2010 at 2:35pm
This is not a D-Light (or Aurora) issue; it's a Microsoft thing. Anyway, you'll need to manually install the file on your system. Whenever I mess with system files, I ALWAYS create a restore point just in case; I suggest you do the same. Then...

1. Download the MSCOMM32.OCX file from the web.

2. Place the file in the C:\windows\system32 folder.

3. In the start/run dialog box type: "regsvr32 C:\windows\system32\mscomm32.ocx" (without the quotes)

4. You may have to reboot. (I always do.)
~Jonathan
 Post Reply Post Reply