2010 Aurora Status / DMX beta

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
BigDPS View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Online Status: Offline
  Quote BigDPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2011 at 5:48pm
Sorry to hear about Mike's mom. Family comes in first, that's for sure. Happy to know also that development hasn't stopped. Keep us guys posted. The facebook pages doesn't contain a whole lot of info.

onewish1 View Drop Down

Quote onewish1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2011 at 5:59pm
Sorry to hear about mom... trying to decide what setups I am going to add on.. either yours or another.. keep us posted please to help me make my decision 
Comporder1 View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote Comporder1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2011 at 9:21am
I need access to the dmx beta version. Can anyone get that to me?

Thanks
Carey
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2011 at 4:15pm
Carey,

PM Michael directly, as he'll need to give you access to the beta DMX version and DMX forum.  He's preoccupied with other matters at the moment, but he is around. 
~Jonathan
Comporder1 View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote Comporder1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2011 at 12:05pm
OK guys..... I contacted Michael on the 13th and he has not replied. I need someone to hook me up. Time is running out!

Carey
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2011 at 11:25pm
PM sent.
~Jonathan
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2011 at 9:20am
You have access to the DMX forum.
Buckeyelights View Drop Down

Quote Buckeyelights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2011 at 8:10am
Would someone explain to me in "newbie, non-technical, really simple, English" what this update, copied from the Facebook page means:
"‎1) We are dropping the proprietary LOR and D-Light protocols and switching to the more reliable industry standard DMX protocol. This should not be a problem since there are replacement firmwares which give these controllers DMX support.

2) DMX will be supported via the E1.31 DMX-over-IP protocol. The ECG-DR4 is a good E1.31 controller for use in this new architecture."

Here is my personal situation:

I've been very happy with Aurora 1.0.69; though some enhancements such as faster copy/paste and colored event markers would be really nice to have. 

I'm not currently planning to move to RGB; though maybe sometime in the future when an easy, relatively quick software is available to sequence the huge number of channels involved is available, I'd consider it.  Or maybe an single element in RGB, such as the star Chris created would be nice to have and controled via Aurora.

There are several "comments" about D-Light controllers and what changes will need to be made to use them with the new DMX version of Aurora.  I use LOR hardware, how will the new version of Aurora work with LOR hardware? Will I need to make changes to those controllers? Will I need new DMX controllers?

Just a thought, it sounded like version 1.1 was very close to being released; that included some enhancements & features; any chance that version could be released? Then a future release of E1.31 DMX (whatever that is)?

I appreciate the status update, just wish I understood what it means to me?

Thanks!
Joe
ChrisL1976 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2011 at 8:43am
Joe

LOR hardware will run in a DMX environment without any issues. I know a couple guys currently doing it. 

As for D-light controllers.  This requires a fairly cheap upgrade to the controller. You will need to switch out one of the chips in the board. If I remember right, the chips are less than $5 each.  I do believe Aurora has offered to sell the chips already programmed for just the cost of the chip plus shipping.  The DMX firmware for the D-light controllers is pretty nice.  It allows you to set LED dimming curve so if you have different LED brands, you can get all of them to match.  The guys who worked out the firmware did a excellent job.

Edited by ChrisL1976 - 11 Jul 2011 at 8:44am
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
MrChristmas2000 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote MrChristmas2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2011 at 8:44am
LOR controllers allready support dual protocol. DMX and LOR.
If you move forward when Aurora goes to E1.31 DMX-over-IP you would have to aquire new dongle interface hardware. The interface plugs into your ethernet port vs the USB port on your computer.

This change really doesn't have anything to do with RGB support. DMX is just a replacement industry standard communications protcol for the Software to communicate with the controller hardware. If you don't know what the protocol means it is simply the digital languge that the hardware understands when the computer sends information out it's USB port to the LOR dongle. The LOR dongle just translates the signals to the proper type to transmit those commands over long distances to the light controllers.

Tom

Holding breath for DMX.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>