Computer shuts down running Aurora

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mramsey View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote mramsey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Computer shuts down running Aurora
    Posted: 30 Dec 2008 at 9:29am
Over the last to nights I have noticed while running Aurora Scheduler my computer shuts down. But not when I am running any other application. The first time I thought the dog stepped on the power strip that the computer is plugged into (but no). I checked the CPU temp in my systems Bios.. Power supply to the computer????

Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else using Aurora or is it my system.

Thanks
MikeConfused
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2008 at 11:53am
Nope, haven't had that issue.  There have been times when the screen saver won't go on, but never a full system shut down.  However, I highly suggest not unplugging your RS485 while Borealis is active and then closing it out.  Windows really doesn't like that. Dead
~Jonathan
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2008 at 12:34pm
Nothing like that here either.. Had 2 nights that the closing sequence didn't play and it was fine on the 3rd night with no changes being done.. But that's been the worst event. Had a few timers that didn't work well after I changed the off time. With the exception of the 2 nights of the closing sequence not playing all my errors can be attributed to 'operator error' Embarrassed

Would think that if it's doing a graceful shutdown there might be something in the event logs - may want to check the Windows Event Logs to see if anything is being logged.

I think about the only other way would be a break in power. Or maybe if you'r live on the Internet, Automatic updates that were doing a reboot which souldn't cause a complete shutdown. If this were the case event log entries should be present as well.

Edited by bdkeen - 30 Dec 2008 at 12:39pm
Slinkard View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote Slinkard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2008 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by Jonathan

Nope, haven't had that issue.  There have been times when the screen saver won't go on, but never a full system shut down.  However, I highly suggest not unplugging your RS485 while Borealis is active and then closing it out.  Windows really doesn't like that. Dead

Where were you 2 weeks ago before the IRQ blue screen!

Slink

Coming soon www.computerizedlights.com
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2008 at 1:44pm
I didn't realize that is what caused the BSOD (blue screen of death) until after I did some "testing" by accidentally unplugging the adapter then closing the program.
~Jonathan
ChrisL1976 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2008 at 1:52pm
does it ever do it with any other program?????

I have sony computer that likes to do it while I'm on the internet. Sometimes just out of the blue. My best bet is the power supply is crapping out and resetting

Edited by ChrisL1976 - 30 Dec 2008 at 1:53pm
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
mramsey View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote mramsey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2008 at 2:18pm
Thanks for the quick responses
I may have had firefox running in the back ground??? not 100% sure last night , although the night before while running Aurora scheduler I was looking at the D-light form when it shut down.
I will check the windows event log also

Thanks
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2008 at 3:13pm
Firefox is always up and runing on my main system, but not on my show computer.  It's the show computer that's given me the BSOD. 
Try checking to see if your power setting are shutting down the system after a certain time of no use. I've disabled all of that on my show computer, as well as uninstall McAfee. 
~Jonathan
mramsey View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote mramsey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2008 at 8:03am
Well good news to report the show ran without a flaw with firefox closed and only Aurora scheduler running. So For some reason I can not have the two applications running at the same time.

As far as having a computer just to run the show I have an old e-machine stored away maybe that would work.
What are the min. I need to run Aurora scheduler??

Jonathan,
Where would I find the power setting you mentioned??

thanks
ChrisL1976 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2008 at 8:29am
Power setting:  you can get there through control panel or..

--Go to you main windows screen and in a blank area, Right click and select PROPERTIES
--click the SCREEN SAVER tab
--Click the button that says POWER
--you can change your power time setting from there
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>