Aurora Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Aurora Sequencer Software > Aurora 1.0 > Bug Reports
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

decompiling data for editing (won't finish)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2008 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by camdebuck

If you need a beta tester, let me know :)

I remember doing that to the music as well, and I recall that workaround was successful for me too.  The hard part is in figuring out what generates the error.  Once we know that, a fix can be made.

Regarding becoming a beta tester, Micheal posted about this a while back. 
~Jonathan
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2008 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by Comporder1

Change.... YES ;) I'll be glad to post the sequence if anyone would like to give it a try.

I haven't been able to replicate it with my older sequences, so I'd like to try it with yours.  I'll send you PM on D-Light's site with my info.
~Jonathan
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2008 at 4:18pm
Aurora is supposed to be able to open files from 0.2, but it has not been tested or verified.  0.2 was "early beta" and as such contained a lot of file corruption bugs.  The newer version may not be liking something in the file that once simply wasn't enforced.  Additionally the "draw objects" table was altered around 0.7 to better suit the circle based prototypes.  Once again, Aurora is supposed to be able to load the old table and convert it internally, but a file/save will be required before the file is actually usable by the scheduler.
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2008 at 8:57pm
So I'm still getting this in 1.0.32...
I tried to use the backup wrkspace on restart of Aurora, not the OS and I get stuck on "Opening Table: Events"
Fine. You're so smart you rig up the lights.
D-Light users Unite!
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2008 at 10:22pm
A lot of the weird errors I seemed to get only occurred whenever I updated Aurora, opened the newer version, then selected backup workspace.  Those issues seemed to go away once I started opening sequences normally.  Try opening the file, saving it, restarting Aurora, then selecting the backup workspace.  Does it still freeze?
~Jonathan
JonB256 View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote JonB256 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2008 at 6:19am
Cam, do you have the music file in "some other directory" instead of the Aurora Audio folder? Perhaps the combined character length of file path and name are too long?
JonB - D-Light user
camdebuck View Drop Down

Quote camdebuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2008 at 4:45pm
Yes, I do use a different directory for audio.  C:\MP3\aaaaaa\bbbbb

Where aaaaaa is the name of the artist and bbb is the name of the song.  BTW, the files are actually .WAV files.  Originally I started using MP3's, but then I saw that everyone suggested using .WAV files so I converted all of my MP3's to WAV files.
   --Cam--
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456