Next Update Release Scheduled?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ChrisL1976 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2009 at 7:22am
would it have been possible you were updating your sequencing computer to the new versions, creating a sequence and then trying to open that sequence on another machine that was not upgraded to that same version?  For example, trying to open a Aurora 1.0.41 file on a computer that had 1.031 on it.

Were your clean installs the current versions at the time of the install?
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2009 at 9:22am
1. I was one of the ones that ALWAYS got stuck decompiling.... AND I still have the problem.
2. I also cannot start a sequence from scratch.
3. I am also getiting VERY frustrated that at times the popup menus get stuck.

Now, some backgaround.
I'm talking about a fully updated XP Tablet on a Gateway tablet with 1G of ram.

1. When I got stuck decompiling, the only fix was a reboot. I have not been able to look for the decompiling error with the latested version that gives a bit more detail because I have not been able to fully setup the 2009 lights yet because of error 3. I'll just note that _hopefully_ this is gone in .41 because I can't accept a "it's me, deal, just reboot" as this year's 'fix'.

2. To create a new sequence, I need to first set it up in Vista at work, then copy it over so that I can work on it at home. Then it's perfectly fine. If I remember correctly, Aurora crashed after the data screen went away.

3. I am just unable to setup the 2009 display because it seems that if I hit the wrong button at the wrong time, the entire popup menu is then stuck. It seems to happen mostly when I use an arrow key, or home/end so that I can fix a spelling mistake. Basically changing a name at all. I have the bulk editer lockup, the single edit. Anything really. I can't fully setup the 2009 becuse I need to go back and forth to add/edit names colors, well everything. I only get to work for half an hour, then I give up because I know that work was just lost as well. Yes, I have tried the backup workspace, sometimes I just did 9 min of drawing/naming, and I'm guessing that Aurora backs up every 10 min?

Now, I do want to say that once I get a file started, I'm happy sequencing, and the running show went perfectly, so I am still happy with the final product. I just can't start anything.

Now, decompiling has always been aan issue, menus getting stuck has always been an issue, and for me, starting sequences from scratch has always been an issue. I think what we're all looking for is not nessisarily a completion date, but to know that our issues are known, understood, and are being looked at to resolve before new enhancements are added. I mean DMX is all well and nice to have in a show, but if current customers can't create a show at all, then that's not good.

Sorry for the ranty-ness.
Fine. You're so smart you rig up the lights.
D-Light users Unite!
MrChristmas2000 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote MrChristmas2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2009 at 10:04am
Originally posted by ChrisL1976

would it have been possible you were updating your sequencing computer to the new versions, creating a sequence and then trying to open that sequence on another machine that was not upgraded to that same version?  For example, trying to open a Aurora 1.0.41 file on a computer that had 1.031 on it.

Were your clean installs the current versions at the time of the install?

If this is directed at me the answer is:

All systems would be updated to the latest version of Aurora. Aparently the corruption of my sequence occured during the migration from one version to another. The corruption occured on a development system running XP. I moved the development to Vista thinking that perhaps a clean start would clear up the corruption. It didn't. The sequence file couldn't be rolled back either. I had been very busy and let my backup process fall under the bus. I started making duplicate backups after that.

Holding breath for DMX.
cstrang View Drop Down
Pre-Order User
Pre-Order User

Quote cstrang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2009 at 12:25pm
At the time I had a desktop and my laptop.  The desktop was only for scheduling and the laptop for sequencing.  I upgraded both computers at the same time and never brought sequences from the desktop to the laptop.  My sequences always get copied from the laptop to the desktop. 

At this point I'm back to working... until the next sequence that gets stuck and I will not be able to open any other sequence... then I will be back to using my virtual workstation.  I will deal with it until the next release.

Thanks all for your inputs.
Charles
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12