Upcoming Releases

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ChrisL1976 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2010 at 8:07am
Originally posted by Pony_God

Any word on sticking channels

is this an Aurora issue or a hardware issue?
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2010 at 1:37pm
Didn't we trace that problem back to the FTDI driver?  I'm pretty sure not an Aurora issue.
~Jonathan
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2010 at 1:48pm
I didn't think so... I was running the latest driver and V3 of the adapter.
As for Aurora or hardware, It's not hardware unless it's tha adapter since... Well, three things.
1. Looping the sequencer drops the net after the first loop.
2. I've had an entire network not kick in until a few commands later at the start of the show/sequence.
3. There are a TON more sticking channels vs. last year and on the same with only the RS485 and Aurora being different.

If you check out this year's THX Intro, you'll see that the left side of the house doesn't kick in until the second command. As for stuck channels, I'd have to review the videos to point out a specific song/time where it's obvious.
Fine. You're so smart you rig up the lights.
D-Light users Unite!
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2010 at 3:11pm
Sticking channels were tracked to two issues:

1. Some D-Light firmware versions are known to cause channels to stick.

2. There are some bad versions of the FTDI drivers out there (Windows Update pushed at least one of them).  In addition to sticky channels, bad drivers can also cause severe lag and/or loss of networks (there appears to be a race condition within some driver versions where the adapter can be both closing and opening simultaneously and as a result neither happens).  The issue is only compounded by changes FTDI made to their driver for Windows 7 compatibility which have caused a performance hit in the XP/Vista world.

Sticking channels and dropping networks are not an Aurora issue. 

Testing to determine which driver version is the correct one for Aurora is still pending (lots of system/adapter version combinations to test).

Comporder1 View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote Comporder1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2010 at 4:25pm
FYI.... Dropped networks have also been caused by EMI near the adapter or network/USB cabling. I've had my radio tx lock up my USB485 adapter. Someone else found a motor near his cabling caused his adapter to lock up.
BigDPS View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote BigDPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2010 at 6:18pm
Well all these changes will be very welcomed to this sequencer. Not having my wife hit me in the middle of the night and wake me up to inform me that our display has turned on again will be a blessing as well.Clap

JohnnyL View Drop Down
Pre-Order User
Pre-Order User

Quote JohnnyL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2010 at 10:16am
I just wanted to say thanks for looking into the RGB & scheduler issues. John
"In God We Trust" all others pay cash
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2010 at 12:22pm
Just updating this thread since the release obviously didn't happen in late March...

The delay is because we are fixing issues with the installer for version 1.1.  Testing has shown that all of the "uninstall/reinstall/reboot a dozen times" problems from the past several versions were about to blow up on us again with the 1.1 installation.  Switching installers wasn't part of the 1.1 schedule, so it has set us back a couple weeks.
BigDPS View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote BigDPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2010 at 6:07pm
Will this update fix the importing of channels? It seems each time I import channels from a previously sequenced song, it will take an eternity and finally crash on me without doing what's supposed to happen.

Unless I'm not doing it right which could well be a possibility.Smile

bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 12:06pm
Now in late April.. Do you believe this slippage in 1.1 will also result in 1.2 being delayed? My interest is in the DMX version (1.2)..

For me it's understandable to have delays, I'd much sooner see more of the bugs out of a release version. This post is purely driven by curiosity.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>