Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Pretty upset

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
kennyz06 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote kennyz06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pretty upset
    Posted: 30 Dec 2009 at 10:25am
I dont normally complain about stuff, but I'm pretty upset with how aurora has been working this year.  I've got some really weird stuff going on with my sequences and I've narrowed the issue down to software.  I have some parts of songs where channels ALWAYS come on late.  I believe there are hidden event markers that I cannot see, and thus, hidden events I cannot change.   While they look fine in the sequencer, they are noticeably off when played live on the house.  If anyone has any suggestions on how to get rid of these hidden events, I'd be extremely happy to hear them. 

Go here to download  the sequences and the music.

The video section of www.mckinneychristmas.com has videos showing the problems.

Check out the overture on 34th street video, and around 40 seconds in the sequence.  Notice the lower roof lights come on for a split second as clear?  That is a little "on" event in the sequence, with an event marker only on one side of it.  You can see that in the sequence file when you look closely.  Sure, I can delete that... but why is it there?  Also notice how the center part of the star comes on late in parts of the sequences, but is dead on in other parts of that sequence.  (carol of the bells, 10 sec and 1:09)  If it was a controller issue, it would ALWAYS be late. 

I'm tired of the random channels coming on after sequences are over, and some channels coming on late.

Kenny
deweycooter View Drop Down
Development
Development

Quote deweycooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2009 at 1:20pm
version?

Have you tried redoing things in that part?  Ie, for the problem event, delete the event before, during, and after, then add them back in.  Is it still present?
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2009 at 2:22pm
Did you import these sequences? I've seen this happen with ones I imported but never in those that I've done from scratch. In most all cases I deleted the problematic controller and recreated and resequenced the 16 channels and cleared the problem. But this can take as much time if not more than simply doing the sequence from scratch.
MrChristmas2000 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote MrChristmas2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2009 at 4:22pm
I agree with bdkeen, the problem can come from an imported sequence. Especially if you leave in the old channels or reuse old channels in the imported sequence. If you use an imported sequence use your own imported list of controllers and channels and delete the original channels when finished and mysterious thing will probably go away. I just had this happen on a new sequence. It all looked correct on the screen but when I ran the sequence random blips could be seen, (well only by me since I knew what was supposed to be on/off). However at the end of the sequence it ran over by as much as 30 seconds of just random flashing lights. Deleted all the imported channels and Poof! the random c*%#^p vanished.

Happy New Year Smile

Party Hearty but drive safe!

Holding breath for DMX.
kennyz06 View Drop Down

Quote kennyz06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2009 at 9:25am

I dont think I imported any sequences... but I could be wrong.  I'll go back and check.  Thanks for the info guys

LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2009 at 1:29pm
There are only two cases where events can be unbound from timeline markers:

1. Use of the W2E tool.  Using W2E places events in the sequence without assigning them editable markers.

2. An incorrectly imported file (particularly prior to .69 which corrected a significant LOR2 importer issue).  While we think we've corrected all of the import issues, it is possible there could be something we didn't spot in testing.  If you have a file that doesn't import properly in the latest version of Aurora, please let us know so we can fix the importer issue.

In both cases, unbound events are still able to be removed with the delete tool.

kennyz06 View Drop Down

Quote kennyz06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2010 at 3:34pm
I didn't use the w2e tool, and I didn't import from LOR2.  I've never created a sequence in LOR, until recently.  I may have imported these from spectrum, but I doubt I did that too.  Did you download that sequence and see the problems in it?  It's not a huge deal, as I think Im just going to redo all my sequences in S2 for this coming year anyway.  Aurora was pretty cool, but the delays and bugs are forcing me to switch to LOR s2.  Sucks, but it is what it is.
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2010 at 4:30pm
I tried to download the dls files - can see them there but get page not fould when trying to 'save target as'. Could never look at them to see if I could help you at all.
ChrisL1976 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2010 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by bdkeen

I tried to download the dls files - can see them there but get page not fould when trying to 'save target as'. Could never look at them to see if I could help you at all.

Same here....music files worked, but no sequence files.
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
MrChristmas2000 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote MrChristmas2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2010 at 8:24pm
I got the files downloaded but when I try to load them Aurora crashes.

Holding breath for DMX.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>