Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Spectrogram details and other questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Spec-Dragon View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Spec-Dragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spectrogram details and other questions
    Posted: 07 Oct 2008 at 9:42pm
Is there a way to adjust the frequency that it responds to? Set it for basor low freq. then go through and mark all the bass events. Then change it to a higher ferq. and mark those events. Maybe set a bandwidth to define triger events? That would be very nice.

The 'zoom' does not seem to work. I assume that is what it is because it looks like a magnifiying glass. All it seems to do is 'select' an area.

The controller setup requires D-light version 1.13.  D-light is only posting 1.12?? I might be in the wrong spot but I doubt it.

Thanks

ChrisL1976 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2008 at 9:47pm
Umm... the ACx16 is actually up to 1.14..very bottom of the home page  ACx16 1.14

http://www.d-light.us/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=30&func=select&id=10

I do believe you can pick frequency ranges in the musical note section

Edited by ChrisL1976 - 07 Oct 2008 at 9:52pm
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2008 at 10:08pm
You forgot to mention that he needs to click IN THE GRID to zoom, not the Spectrogram section.
Fine. You're so smart you rig up the lights.
D-Light users Unite!
ChrisL1976 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2008 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by Pony_God

You forgot to mention that he needs to click IN THE GRID to zoom, not the Spectrogram section.

I wasn't referring to the zoom function, I always use page up and down to zoom. Dont think I've ever used the magnify glass function  Wink

I was referring to the note picker graph that gives you the peak of certain notes or frequencies. I think thats how it works.....I've never really used it though.
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2008 at 10:54pm
You are correct with the notes, I've used it for some vocal songs. Pulled out the vocals, then used the W2E.

I zoom in and out all of the time, while I keep my 64 channels crunched all up togeather all the time. I won't be able to do that anymore though... Some of the quick notes, I zoom in to create little, fast fades or leaps on the arch. Or I'll zoom out so that I can select a larger area to watch/listen to see how I'm going. Of course I use the pageup/down do the zooming, not the glass.
D-Light users Unite!
tonyjmartin View Drop Down

Quote tonyjmartin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2008 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by Spec-Dragon

The 'zoom' does not seem to work. I assume that is what it is because it looks like a magnifiying glass. All it seems to do is 'select' an area.

Select the Zoom Tool and left click anywhere in the grid to zoom in.  Right click anywhere in the grid to zoom out.  There's a complete overview of the controls and keyboard shortcuts in this PDF
http://www.d-light.us/forum/download/file.php?id=434

Originally posted by Spec-Dragon

Is there a way to adjust the frequency that it responds to? Set it for basor low freq. then go through and mark all the bass events. Then change it to a higher ferq. and mark those events. Maybe set a bandwidth to define triger events? That would be very nice.

Three options after you read the above PDF and become more familiar with Aurora:

1) Hover your mouse over the Spectrogram and it will show you the musical notes found in the audio.  A very cool interactive chart (provided by LightsOnLogan) that cross-references frequencies and musical notes can be found here.  Just hover your mouse over the PDF chart for additional pop-up information.

2) Click in the box at the far right of the Waveform/Spectrogram timeline.  Then click on "Musical Note" in the pop-up window.  You can now choose a specific musical note that the Spectrogram will show.

2) The Waveform to Event Tool.  Right-click on it to bring up its properties.  Click on Advanced to adjust gate threshold, etc.  This allows you to have the tool detect certain peaks of the audio signal and place a graphic along a channel on the grid.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Spec-Dragon View Drop Down

Quote Spec-Dragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2008 at 7:19am
Gaining ground, Thanks.

What about he version of the firmware??
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2008 at 8:00am
The ACx16 firmware is currently 1.14, so you should be selecting the D-Light 1.13+ channels. f/w 1.13 has the enhanced efects, 1.14 adds WiLink compatibility.

If you do not have 1.14, you can download it from D-Light here. If you don't know how to update your firmware, there's a tutorial you can watch http://www.d-light.us/index.php?option=com_weblinks&catid=28&Itemid=70
When you connect to your controllers with D-Light's Wardware Untility, what version does that say that you have? How old are your controllers?

Wait... You have ACx8's don't you? D-Light is working on the next version for the ACx8 boards. Check the D-Light forums for updates.
D-Light users Unite!
 Post Reply Post Reply