Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Phantom Channels or "hidden" channels

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
kalifi View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote kalifi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Phantom Channels or "hidden" channels
    Posted: 24 Sep 2008 at 7:05pm
I imported a sequence from Spectrum over to Aurora.  I have some channels that cannot be seen on the left with all the channel listings but during playback to lights...the programmed commands show up.  I cannot get the channels to show up so that I can edit the channels.  I did not realize this either until quite a bit into the sequencing that I was doing so I fear all of the sequencing I did will be for not because I will have to scrap the sequence because of the phantom channels.  Suggestions?  Is this a bug?

Cry
ChrisL1976 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2008 at 8:14pm
Did you import spectrum sequences that contained Virtual Controllers?  
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
kalifi View Drop Down

Quote kalifi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2008 at 9:03pm
No, I didn't.

I did mess with it a little.   Because the commands were still showing up I took a gander.  I "added" channels that matched the "phantom" ones labeling them appropriately and viola, the channel picked up the commands and showed them exactly as they were playing.  The commands showed up in the proper channel and no need to redo stuff.  So the info was in the sequence but just not showing in the "editor".  Once I added the channels that the import didn't add it was exactly as it should have been.  Thank goodness it was only 4 channels that went phantom.  No extra sequencing needed and nothing lost.Smile

Thanks for responding.

Edited by kalifi - 24 Sep 2008 at 9:05pm
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2008 at 6:41pm
That recently happened to me as well when I imported a sequence from Spectrum.  The only thing I had done differently on that import vs other imports was that I hadn't named my channels yet, they were just Track 1, Track 2, etc.  All three controllers were the same way, and for whatever reason, only the first 16 channels showed up.  However, once I imported channels from my template file I made just for Aurora, everything popped up just as it should be.  The only thing I can think of was that each one of my three controllers had the exact same name for the 16 channels.  Fortunately, my sequence was intact, and it did not need to be reloaded.  
~Jonathan
jberner View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote jberner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2008 at 1:55pm
There are posts in other forums that mention the same. When importing channels from Spectrum, make sure that all of your channels are uniquely named prior to doing the import.
 Post Reply Post Reply