Dropping Networks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
  Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 8:54pm
Let me run this through the beta group for some additional testing.  I'm not seeing this here, but I'm aware of another issue we are testing which may be related.
brunnesa View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote brunnesa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by LightsOnLogan

Let me run this through the beta group for some additional testing.  I'm not seeing this here, but I'm aware of another issue we are testing which may be related.
Ok Thanks.
brunnesa View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote brunnesa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 7:01pm
I can confirm that I am not getting a LED "Lock" with the newest version of Aurora scheduler.  The controllers still "Wink" between every sequence.
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 1:37pm
Try this for lagging networks (requires 1.0.69 to be installed to function properly) :

http://www.aurorashow.com/downloads/aurora_1_0_76_exe_files.zip

Place the files into your Aurora directory and uset the _76 executable to launch Aurora instead of the default files.  Do not attempt this with any version other than 69 installed.

This is still in beta testing, but given the circumstances (a BIG show stopping issue), I'm also pushing the beta files directly to the public as they develop.
brunnesa View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote brunnesa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 2:31pm

Try this for lagging networks (requires 1.0.69 to be installed to function properly) :

http://www.aurorashow.com/downloads/aurora_1_0_76_exe_files.zip

Place the files into your Aurora directory and uset the _76 executable to launch Aurora instead of the default files.  Do not attempt this with any version other than 69 installed.

This is still in beta testing, but given the circumstances (a BIG show stopping issue), I'm also pushing the beta files directly to the public as they develop.
Ok, I installed this and ran it.  I still do not get an LED Lock on the controllers.  I don't know if that matters or not, but just wanted to report it.  I will run this version tonight.  Thanks.
brunnesa View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote brunnesa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 2:13am

Ran this tonight and it dropped all of my networks.  It did this twice.

MrChristmas2000 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote MrChristmas2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 8:03am
I've read the whole post and don't see anywhere you list your PC Hardware and OS.

This almost sounds like something has either gone wrong with your hardware (i.e. motherboard) or the systems OS (mabey the USB drivers). Do you have any other programs running including anything in your system tray?

Holding breath for DMX.
brunnesa View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote brunnesa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by MrChristmas2000

I've read the whole post and don't see anywhere you list your PC Hardware and OS.

This almost sounds like something has either gone wrong with your hardware (i.e. motherboard) or the systems OS (mabey the USB drivers). Do you have any other programs running including anything in your system tray?

I have tried this on three different computers.  A Win 7 computer, a win XP computer and a Win Vista computer.  Nothing in running in the system trays of any of these.  It is totally random on when it dropps and which of the three networks it dropps.  The win 7 computer is a dual core interl centrino with 4 gb of ram.  The win vista computer is a quad core with 8 GB of ram.  The win 7 computer is a dual core centrino with 1 gb of ram.  All of them do the exact same thing.  What harware problem could cause the comm port to "lock" up during a show?
Comporder1 View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote Comporder1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2009 at 11:45am

Ok, you are definately losing lock between sequences then. 

1.0.69 partially corrected a bug with the heartbeat lock between sequences experienced by some.  Since you are losing lock between sequences, you should upgrade.  Remember to fully uninstall from add/remove programs, reboot, perform the 1.0.69 install, then reboot again before using Aurora.

Micheal,

So are you saying that the controllers NOT supposed to wink between sequences? Mine do.

Carey
brunnesa View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote brunnesa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2009 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by Comporder1

Ok, you are definately losing lock between sequences then. 

1.0.69 partially corrected a bug with the heartbeat lock between sequences experienced by some.  Since you are losing lock between sequences, you should upgrade.  Remember to fully uninstall from add/remove programs, reboot, perform the 1.0.69 install, then reboot again before using Aurora.

Micheal,

So are you saying that the controllers NOT supposed to wink between sequences? Mine do.

Carey

Just to document the total fix for the problem in this thread, I need to post this update.  My show is no longer dropping, but it was a combination of two different things causing it.  The USB 485 drivers were not both the same version causing the controllers to lose lock between sequences.  Updating them both to the same version fixed this.   Also, my heater fan motor was causing "noise" to get back to my computer through the network cable causing the ports to lock.  I purchased some filtered USB cables and fixed this issue.  I would recommend everyone use a filtered USB cable just to prevent this.

Scott
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>