Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

changing ramp style

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
onewish1 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote onewish1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: changing ramp style
    Posted: 14 Oct 2009 at 10:23am
ok here is one for you experts... I did a sequence myself from scratch... added shimmer ramp downs... save.. close the file.. open it again... and the shimmer ramps changed to regular ramp downs.. happened twice now.. thought I was crazy the first time
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2009 at 11:43am
I'll test this.  What percentages were you ramping from/to (e.g. 100% to 0%)?

Are these regular shimmer ramps, or are they RGB shimmer ramps?

deweycooter View Drop Down
Development
Development

Quote deweycooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2009 at 12:00pm
Would it also matter what type of controller you had it set to?  Ie, needs to be firmware 1.13+?
onewish1 View Drop Down

Quote onewish1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2009 at 12:15pm
regular shimmer ramps 100 - 0... not sure how to check the firmware.. sorry
onewish1 View Drop Down

Quote onewish1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2009 at 12:17pm
after putting them back in twice it is fine... just very annoying
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2009 at 2:28pm
I think what Dewey was asking was what device type you have the channel set to when you pull up the channel properties dialog for for the channel?

This setting needs to match the type of controller you are using.  If it does not, then the effect will be re-rendered into something that the device type can support (the "generic" types and pre-1.13 D-Light do not support shimmer ramp for example).
onewish1 View Drop Down

Quote onewish1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2009 at 4:49pm
oh thank you... it is D-Light ACx16 the controller I have
LightChristmas View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2009 at 5:46pm
Onewish,

What they are referring to is what version of Firmware is present on the ACx16. It can be the older 1.12 (no ramping shimmer supported) or 1.13+ where ramping shimmer is supported. Only way to determine this is to use the D-Light hardware utility.

Also, there are three ACx16 choices in Aurora. One for pre-1.13, one for post 1.13 (just called ACx16), and one for RGB. Make certain the correct one is selected.

All the Best!

deweycooter View Drop Down
Development
Development

Quote deweycooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2009 at 9:03pm
I was talking about what controller type is set in the sequence itself (the editor won't know what you actually have hooked up to the network - and if you try to issue a ramping shimmer to an older version of the firmware, it would likely ignore the command or just give a regular shimmer).  Right click on one of the channel labels and go to channel properties to see what the controller type is set to. 

When sequencing, setting a ramping shimmer to a channel on a ACx16 pre 1.13 controlller should issue a warning - I was thinking that it might not hurt to ensure that it is not set on this older type.
onewish1 View Drop Down

Quote onewish1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2009 at 9:16pm
ok the d-light driver is 1.14... and my channels are set to ACx16
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>