RGB Flood Lights

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Online Status: Offline
  Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2009 at 6:23pm
the boards have 4 connection points - R, G, B, and +..  The DCx16 is positive common - you can ohm out the connectors on the board and see which wire(s) will go to the + on the board.

You'll use Aurora just light you do for the ACx16 - just pick the DCx16 when you add the controller or channel.  You can control the RGB on seperate channels or you can use the RGB on ACx16 or DCx16 option and set the channel numbers appropriately.(still uses 3 channels). Setting as RGB allows the use of the RGB tool. A fade up done by starting black going to a color - color to color transitions - color to black to fade out.  There's other stuff there you can do too -  shimmer and twinkle.

Everything is much the same as you're accustom to - really no special 'programming'
wesalbert View Drop Down

Quote wesalbert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2009 at 7:16pm
Cool,  playing with it now.  All I need is the parts. I am pretty sure I can get 1-2 boards a night knocked out.  Might get a couple guys from work that are good at soldering to help Big%20smile 
I got enough to do 20 boards. 

Edited by wesalbert - 20 Oct 2009 at 7:17pm
32 channels
wesalbert View Drop Down

Quote wesalbert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2009 at 7:58pm
Got all the parts, boards and my DC16 today.  So far in 3 hours I have 4 boards made and tested.  Only messed up once by not flipping one red LED.
I'm going to get them in the floodlight cases tomorrow so I can play tomorrow night.
I need to make a minumum of 4 more boards. Will be able to wrap it up this weekend.
Then if I am able to make more, its just a perk. I have enough parts to make 20 boards.
I can't thank you enough for this find.  
Thanks  Clap
32 channels
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2009 at 8:51am

I made 10 boards - 8 were RGB and 2 were populated with all UV leds. I only needed the 4 - 2 board floods so the UV ones were just a fun project.  I've done alot of testing with them on the basement walls. I did some quick Halloween sequences using the waveform to even tool in Aurora and plan on setting them all out tomorrow night hooked to the dcx16 while the kids at out for trick-or-treat. In my tests I've been getting a pretty nice look.  

wesalbert View Drop Down

Quote wesalbert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2009 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by bdkeen

the boards have 4 connection points - R, G, B, and +..  The DCx16 is positive common - you can ohm out the connectors on the board and see which wire(s) will go to the + on the board.

can you explain this better.   I know on the LED board I have - R,G,B and +,  the DCx16 has ch1 +,-     ch2 +,-    ch3 +,-

How is this getting connected?  Am I just hooking up one positive and then ch1,2,3  - to the RGB board, or am I making a jumper from ch1 +, ch2 +, ch3 + ??
I'm a bit lost here.
32 channels
wesalbert View Drop Down

Quote wesalbert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2009 at 11:59pm
I got it working.  I was playing with it tonight and seems to work really well.  Is much brighter than the floodlight banks I was using last year.  Color mixing seems to work well, fades dont really seem to be to much of a problem either.
Will have to get some video from Halloween. I put something together really quick, but I think it will work well.  I had 2 kids come by tonight to see what i was doing.
32 channels
JonB256 View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote JonB256 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2009 at 8:15am

Looking through all the posts, I don't see what voltage you are using for the DCx16. 

I'm assuming 12vdc???

even without that info, I ordered 10 boards. I won't get them done in time for Christmas, but I do lots of little projects through the year. 

JonB - D-Light user
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2009 at 9:07am
Yup - 12v on the dcx16. I used a power supply from an old external 8mm tape drive.  
Weather permitting I'll set the lights out tonight while the kids are coming around for trick-or-treat. I did some very quick sequences using the waveform to event tool on the 16 channels - pretty much just the 4 rgb floods and 2 smaller (1 board) uv lights,  If I can I'll video some of it I'll post on my website somewhere.

Edited by bdkeen - 31 Oct 2009 at 9:11am
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2009 at 7:43pm
Poor quality video of a Halloween sequence but I tried to get something with 4 of the flood set out shining at the front of the house - http://www.keenlights.info/projects.asp  Halloween test of flood lights

Sorry for a somewhat poor quality video - Colors are washed out in the video and were way more bolder in real life - I'll blame the operator more so than the camera.
This was a quick sequence comprised of almost exclusive use of the waveform to event tool doing very lettle if any in the eadvanced settings. I just wanted something quick and easy that would pulsate the floods with the music.

The sky opened up and it poured about 2 minutes after this video - ended the short one night show early.

I guess I should also mention that the redish flashing you see in the video was'n my lights - Fire truck partrolling while trick-or-treaters on the prowl - but it's a cool effect.

Edited by bdkeen - 31 Oct 2009 at 7:48pm
wesalbert View Drop Down

Quote wesalbert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2009 at 12:47am

Just something I put together really quick with 2 of the RGB wall washes
32 channels
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>