Circle Tool

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Online Status: Offline
  Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Circle Tool
    Posted: 30 Apr 2009 at 11:54am
I've had alot of bad experience using the circle or wreath tool in the drawing mode.

Tyrying to update 2008 sequences for 2009 -  I never could quite figure out the circle tool -  Yes I can draw the circle - but try and resize it, or move it and it completely changes in shape. More often then not I also get a Division by zero error which is. of course, followed by a program crash. - gets really frustrating trying to move or resize an element when it keeps changing in shape and crashing the app. Circle is elongated vertically as I want it, move it into place and it's now elongated horizontally. Try and reshape it and it moves position. It's almost impossible to draw a oval where you want it, in the shape you want it. The move and resize tool doesn't seem to operate as one might expect.  Grab the center and move the object I wouldn't expect it to change in size and shape. 

I've been holding off on updating my sequences in hopes that something closer to 1.1 release will soon be available and maybe have this fixed (along with any new goodies).  Anything newer than 1.0.41 expected for general release prior to thye actual 1.1?

Repositioning some major circular elements in my display for 2009. This tool is really becoming frustrating for me.

Edited by bdkeen - 30 Apr 2009 at 11:54am
tonyjmartin View Drop Down

Quote tonyjmartin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2009 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by bdkeen

Yes I can draw the circle - but try and resize it, or move it and it completely changes in shape. More often then not I also get a Division by zero error which is. of course, followed by a program crash.

Same here on resize, but with the snowflake as well.  If I manage to click on the exact center of the snowflake to move it, then fine.  If not, I immediately get the division/zero error followed by the Aurora reset notice (a.k.a. crash).  As I've got about thirty snowflakes on the roof, I feel your pain!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
MrChristmas2000 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote MrChristmas2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2009 at 12:34pm
There is a general problem with all of the drawing tools. Especially the Arch tool. Once the arch is drawn there is no resizing or changing position without a crash.

I have been told that there is supposed to be an update somewhere out in the future to fix this just before it becomes 1.1.

Holding breath for DMX.
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2009 at 12:53pm
Yeah, I tried the arch tool once.  Went back to just using straight line individual segments for the arches because of the resizing and the line weight in the arch tool was way to heavy for me - arches dominated the visulizer display too much.

If I can just get one sequence set up correctly I just import to the others and all is well..  Just getting that 1 setup is a bugger.

I realize you can't get an exact view of what the display will look like in the end but I had pretty darn close simulation for the visulizer for 'the 08 show. It's time I start thinking more seriously about '09. Like others I'll be adding some new elements, taking some away, and increasing channel count (+64 for '09). Have alot of sequences to modify and some new ones to start, and was sort of hanging back just in case there was a newer release with any bug fixes or new enhancments that I might be able to exploit.  Feeling like I need to start getting busy on the '09 display - don't want to get to the final hour and have alot of sequencing to do (tweaking is ok and probably normalLOL)
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2009 at 10:06am
So I suppose we need to ask... When our friends over at LOR are planning on thier release so that we can get our v1.1?
My only problem is the arch changes chape after it's drawn, but it's close enough. As for the 1 circle, it's close ehough, and I just use stars for the other small _stuff_ that's circle-like.
Fine. You're so smart you rig up the lights.
D-Light users Unite!

Quote tonyjmartin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2009 at 10:32am
Originally posted by Pony_God

So I suppose we need to ask... When our friends over at LOR are planning on thier release so that we can get our v1.1?

LOR should be releasing something soon.  At least a bugfix.  Seems that folks are starting to work on next years shows, and some are getting a bit testy about the annoyances left over from last season.  Unfortunately, the most talked about issue (the "cell hopping" bug) can't be duplicated at LOR, even though at least a dozen users are experiencing it.  Makes me glad I'm not a software developer!

At any rate, as I plug along, I'm finding little annoyances in Aurora myself.  But I'm moving along so slowly that I probably won't have anything coherently documented until after 1.1 is issued.  Wink
Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
JohnnyL View Drop Down
Pre-Order User
Pre-Order User

Quote JohnnyL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2009 at 5:37pm

i had problems with the cell hopping thing in LOR2. its very annoying. since switching to Aurora the only glitch i had was when i "moved the King" and he did not want to be moved!

i understand LSP is even trying to integrate Wii into it. i dont know about you guys but having a bunch of kids playing guitar hero in front of my display makes me really nervous. all that wont mean a thing if it doesnt work...
"In God We Trust" all others pay cash

Quote tonyjmartin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2009 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by JohnnyL

i understand LSP is even trying to integrate Wii into it. i dont know about you guys but having a bunch of kids playing guitar hero in front of my display makes me really nervous. all that wont mean a thing if it doesnt work...

Apparently it works, but it's taking LSP further down a gimicky, NetFramework-based (read high processing overhead) path that I no longer wish to follow.  I'm now resigned to accept the demise of the Spectrum GUI that I came to know and love a couple years ago.

Long Live Aurora!
ChrisL1976 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2009 at 7:00pm
Rock out with Aurora!!!  

Edited by ChrisL1976 - 01 May 2009 at 7:02pm
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
 Post Reply Post Reply