Videos

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jberner View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote jberner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2008 at 7:48pm
This is my first year and I have a million mistakes in mine but no one notices. I think they are amazed with the idea of lights turning on and off....  Electricity seems to be a new invention when it comes some of the folks near where i live. Dont worry about your mistakes unles you going to submit it to TSO and even then, just remember this is for fun.  That $300 gift card wont even buy two d-light controllers.
breakbenj View Drop Down
Pre-Order User
Pre-Order User

Quote breakbenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2008 at 9:07pm
O.K. This is my first year animating lights so I would love to get some comments from some of you vetrans out there.
I only have 32 channels and all my songs have been edited so they are not full length and they are different from most songs I have seen here.
Please be honest about your opinons as most of you have been at this for years and I would like to learn from your comments.Embarrassed
Jeff

Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2008 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by kedogn

Between my Mom passing on the 2nd, D-Light not updating the firmware as they said they were going to for the ACx16's and working more than I usually do this time of the year, I almost feel as if I have missed, or am missing, this years lighting season.

I know you'll be hearing this a lot, but you have my sincere condolences for your loss.  Try not to get yourself down about the show glitches or the extra hours at work, I'm sure your mother would have hated to see you stressed out about your show. 

If I may offer just a humble suggestion, and take it or leave it as you please.  Dedicate a song in her honor.  Choose whatever her favorite Christmas (or non Christmas) song was, and sequence it with an announcement at the end of the song dedicating it in her name.  I have a good friend who is in the military and I dedicated my show closer to him, and all the other brave folks fighting over seas.  Even if it takes you the rest of the season to sequence it and it plays only once, I think your mother would have appreciated it. 

As always, everyone of us here on both Aurora and D-Light forums are here to help get things going again.  While we may not always have the answers, we sure do try!  Good luck with your show, mate; just keep on truckin'. 
~Jonathan
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2008 at 9:18am
So, I'm deffinately not a veteran, even though we do have 96 channels and a Firefly with 60,000 lights this year. BUT. That's really nice. We really want to put multiple solids on our rooflines as well. We only have one string per edge.
Looks really good for only 32 channels. I'm always amazed how good low channel display look. At times I like them more than ours. (Even when we're planning on at least another 96 next year.)
AND...
Our video is horrible!
Fine. You're so smart you rig up the lights.
D-Light users Unite!
breakbenj View Drop Down
Pre-Order User
Pre-Order User

Quote breakbenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2008 at 10:56am
Thanks for the reply, It seems the videos never reflect how it looks in person. I plan on growing a little each year and I thank eveyone on here for helping me through my 1st year.
Jeff

LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2008 at 1:31pm
Thought y'all might like to see one video from Lights On Logan:

mms://media.lightsonlogan.com/LightsOnLogan/wishliszt.wmv

(board doesn't allow hyperlinks to mms so you'll need to copy/paste)

Not the best video work (wrong angle because a watcher was in the good spot), but this is the only video I have with a working set of Fireflies.  Some of the shorter ramps are stuttery too, but that is the LEDs fault... kinda an interesting effect anyway!  Enjoy!

Edited by LightsOnLogan - 17 Dec 2008 at 1:33pm
ChrisL1976 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2008 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by LightsOnLogan

Thought y'all might like to see one video from Lights On Logan:

mms://media.lightsonlogan.com/LightsOnLogan/wishliszt.wmv

(board doesn't allow hyperlinks to mms so you'll need to copy/paste)

Not the best video work (wrong angle because a watcher was in the good spot), but this is the only video I have with a working set of Fireflies.  Some of the shorter ramps are stuttery too, but that is the LEDs fault... kinda an interesting effect anyway!  Enjoy!

I'm getting a....Server not available error
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2008 at 3:19pm
to be exact..this is the error:

Windows Media Player cannot connect to the server. The server name might not be correct, the server might not be available, or your proxy settings might not be correct.
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2008 at 3:22pm
Appears to be a DNS issue... I don't have time to fix it right this second, but try:

mms://12.23.245.22/LightsOnLogan/wishliszt.wmv

if that doesn't work, substitute 122 for 22

Edited by LightsOnLogan - 17 Dec 2008 at 5:20pm
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2008 at 3:43pm
Neither worked.....I'll check back later
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>