Sequencer freezes & error on scheduler

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ChrisL1976 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2008 at 10:32am
Originally posted by Pony_God

I haven't had a single problem with Audacity's default.
32-float and 44,100

For what its worth, I believe Michael recommends that Wav files be on 16 bit.....I know if I change the rate to 32bit, I get errors when loading the sequence.
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
ChrisL1976 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2008 at 10:35am
If I remember right, Audacities Default is 44k 16 bit anyways.

Edited by ChrisL1976 - 09 Dec 2008 at 10:38am
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2008 at 10:40am
Originally posted by ChrisL1976

If I remember right, Audacities Default is 44k 16 bit anyways.
Funny, my default is 32-float.
16bit is probably safer though.
Fine. You're so smart you rig up the lights.
D-Light users Unite!
wellinge View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote wellinge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2008 at 10:43am
ok, I just made the wav file. (AIM sends big files fairly fast) Also something i just now noticed that i may have overlooked, was on my file I had a specific picture for the devices to be drawn over. I never gave her that. So what I have done is saved the show file with the path to the new wav file, and took off that picture, so its now the defualt. I'll send her these two files as soon as I can. thanks

Edited by wellinge - 09 Dec 2008 at 10:43am
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2008 at 10:50am
16 bit is best.  Depending on exactly what else is installed on the machine 24 or 32 bit may or may not work, but they are not recommended.

Do you by any chance have video editing software installed on the computer (the one which can not open the audio files)? 

If so, this may be an issue where the two computers simply have different codecs and/or .ax filter files installed on them.  If this is the case then you might be able to make the MP3 work by closing Aurora, running wmfdist.exe in the Aurora Sequencer directory, rebooting, then restarting Aurora (this will reinstall some missing codecs).  If it still doesn't work, then you will need to use WAV files instead.

Note: After switching to WAV you might notice that the enitre timing is shifted to the left by a few tenths of a second compared to the MP3 file.  There is a "Timing Shift" option in the Edit menu which will fine tune this alignment.  Since you are doing this at a distance, I recommend you test and align the data to the WAV file on your computer to make sure it is how you want it to appear.

Edited by LightsOnLogan - 09 Dec 2008 at 10:51am
wellinge View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote wellinge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2008 at 10:52am
ok thanks logan i'll look into the timing shift!

Edit: About the video editing software, I have it on mine (Sony vegas). But she doesn't have anything like that. I think I'll try the wave file first and if there's still trouble I'll have her try installing that file.

Edited by wellinge - 09 Dec 2008 at 12:25pm
wellinge View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote wellinge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2008 at 10:53am
hey logan, what does the 3709 error mean with scheduler?
wellinge View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote wellinge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2008 at 2:01pm
ok i sent her the wav file and the new dhow file, she put it in the right directories and everything, and its still freezing up at the same spot when trying to open it.
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2008 at 2:02pm

IIRC, 3709 is an ADO connection "invalid context" error.  That usually indicates a bad borealis.dat or some other bad .dat file in \Shows.  I suspect that since the audio files were never loaded properly the show file was never created properly. 

Two other customers have reported that installing the .NET framework sometime after installing Aurora also results in this error and requires an Aurora uninstall/reinstall to fix.  While this doesn't make sense and isn't lab reproducible, it apparently does happen.

In your case, just delete all of the .dat files from the \Shows directory and recreate the show schedule after the audio issue is fixed.

Edited by LightsOnLogan - 09 Dec 2008 at 2:04pm
wellinge View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote wellinge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2008 at 2:10pm
any more ideas?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>