Aurora Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Aurora Sequencer Software > Aurora 2.0 > Aurora 2 Beta 1 (1.999.300 / 1.999.307)
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

How to get a closing sequence to play at the end

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
BigDPS View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Online Status: Offline
  Quote BigDPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to get a closing sequence to play at the end
    Posted: 20 Dec 2014 at 2:12pm
Before .307 version, it was possible to run a sequence at the end of a show. Not anymore. Is there a way to play one and if so, how?
I have the settings where the show will play until the time and can cut right in the middle if it happens to be there. I tried adding a sequence to run at say 1 minute after the last time that I chose. For example, I run the show until 9:45 and checked the setting to stop on or around that time regardless where we are in the show. I added the closing sequence at 9:46 but nothing happens.

Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2014 at 6:53pm
Closing sequences are still possible.  Heck, I'm using three of them this year (same "show hours" song- one sequence with all lights, one with just the security lights, and then no lights repeating).  Just tell the main loop (in the "Schedule Shows") to end a few minutes before the end of the show (found in the "Schedule Dates" box) and then set up a new show and tell it to run once.
~Jonathan
BigDPS View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote BigDPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2014 at 7:54am
Does it make it look like its natural flow? By that I mean is there a huge gap between the songs?

LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2014 at 2:18pm
For a closing sequence, your schedule should look something like this:

The above example (edited with red text and a yellow oval for clarity) will start by running the sequences in the "Preshow Warmup" show only once, then will loop through the sequences in "2014 Main Loop" show until the end of the schedule time, and then will run the sequences specified in the "Closing Sequence" show only once.

In 307 one or more sequences are assigned to a "show", and multiple shows are assigned to a "schedule" item.  This allows for a lot of flexibility when it comes to scheduling.  It is even possible to run different shows at different times of the night (not shown in the above example).  The only "gotcha" is that rolling over past midnight is poorly supported at this time.

Edit: To answer your question, there will be no gap between the last looped sequence of the main show and the first sequence of the closing show (which for most people will contain only one sequence).

Michael

Edited by LightsOnLogan - 22 Dec 2014 at 2:29pm
BigDPS View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote BigDPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2014 at 11:50am
Since my main loop says "Run loop until 11:00pm, will it know to run the Run Once closing show?

LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2014 at 6:48pm
It should exit the loop at 11pm and run the next show (your closing "show") after that without any problem, but I don't believe we have tested that specific use case.  Most testing has assumed use of the "until end of schedule" option rather than a time override at the show level.

Michael

BigDPS View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote BigDPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2014 at 8:31pm
Ok thanks. I'll let you know if it works.

BigDPS View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote BigDPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2014 at 2:39pm
Well it worked. It stopped playing the currant show and started the closing sequence.

I would like to wish everyone here, in the BETA testing thread, a very Merry Christmas.

Post Reply Post Reply