Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Feeling behind

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
kennyz06 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote kennyz06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Feeling behind
    Posted: 04 Nov 2008 at 8:32am
Anyone else feeling somewhat behind on their progress?  I feel like I have tons to do and 0 time left!
ChrisL1976 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2008 at 8:41am
Yes, a little....nativity, 2 arches, bethlehem star and 3 songs to finish in 3 weeks.   
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
kennyz06 View Drop Down

Quote kennyz06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2008 at 9:48am
Are you making your star like Richard Holdman?  If so... get started on it.  It takes a bit longer than you would expect!   I've got 2 arches, 11 mini trees, a mega tree star, and some window frames left.  Oh, and 9 controllers to build! 
LightChristmas View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2008 at 10:54am
Feeling behind can result in a slapped face, a civil suit, or divorce. Be careful!LOL

No feeling here; I KNOW I am WAY behind in sequencing (just have finish them, actually) due to the intense beta testing.

Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2008 at 10:58am
1. Front rigging.
2. Back rigging
3. Side rigging
4. One more lawn mow before we can do any groundwork
5. One more hedging before the hedge work.
6. 2 more ACx16s to build
7. 1 30' long mega arch
8. wireing
10. runing power
11. new subpanel
12. new outdoor circuits with locking 20A connectors
13. firmware updates
14. Finnalise channel placements.
15. many more songs. (Nothing is done since we don't have all the chennels placed yet.)
16. do something with Firefly. We know _where_ it's going, just no idea what it's going to do. (I'm holding off to program him until it's easier.)

We have 1 arch done and up, 16 mini trees, front/side windows, two huge front trees, most of the pine's wrapped, 2 trees in back, roof minis, roof snowflackes are all done.
We have about 48 channels done, done, done. I mean rigged, finalised, sequenced, and the controllers are sitting by them now. I just need to run cat5 and power to everyone.

I suppose we shouldn't have started with 96 channels and a firefly...
Fine. You're so smart you rig up the lights.
D-Light users Unite!
ChrisL1976 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2008 at 11:28am
Originally posted by kennyz06

Anyone else feeling somewhat behind on their progress?  I feel like I have tons to do and 0 time left!

Yes....a smaller version of it. Its going to be mounted on the side of my house, so I dont need to build the peak stand for it.   Besides cutting it out and drilling 200 holes, it should not be a huge thing.  Few nights should cover it.   Cut, drill, paint, one night, mount lights the next 2.

Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
kedogn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote kedogn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2008 at 1:54am
Feeling behind dont even come close to what I am feeling right now!  My worst thing is the sequencing... and hoping it dont rain from now until Thanksgiving so I can get help with the stuff on my roof! 

I have to finish 6 mini trees, a Bethlehem star (Holdman style, not even started) and I have hung not a single light yet!

I have been so addicted to the Election coverage the past few weeks and more so the last 2, I haven't got much done for watching TV.

Oh, and I have 2 more controllers to finish building... just gotta add the cords and test!

Edited by kedogn - 05 Nov 2008 at 1:56am
BOOMER SOONER!

Lee Family Lights
kennyz06 View Drop Down

Quote kennyz06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2008 at 7:32am
Finished all my controllers last night!  So now I just need to add lights to my bethlehem star (1 side is done, need lights on the other side), finish an arch, and add some lights to a window frame.  I think I'm going to start wrapping my trees this weekend.  My HOA is picky about when we put lights up, and I think this will be the least noticeable part of my display....
BigDPS View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote BigDPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2008 at 9:46am
Well I just had a major set back. I injured my back yesterday so this morning, I was off to the hospital. Now, I'm on medication, flying but too confused to even sequence....unless it was a sequence on White Rabbit by Jefferson Airplane...Wacko

My wife asked me if we could hire someone to setup our 21 feet mega tree....ouch!

LightChristmas View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2008 at 1:00pm
Just came into thaw out from setting up lights.

Feeling behind? Heck, mine's numb!!LOL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>