Aurora Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Vault > I'm New From Spectrum And I Need Help!
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHelp??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
tonyjmartin View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote tonyjmartin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2008 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by kedogn

13. Power on the controller and use the D-Light Hardware Utility to verify the new firmware version using the "Discover" or "Get Info" functions.

And when you perform this last step to verify the firmware version, any controller that you just updated is discovered as Unit #2.  That is when you verify and assign the correct Unit #'s for your show, and why many of us NEVER use Unit #2 in our shows.  Some of us have updated firmware so many times (and reassigned Unit I.D. numbers even more times) that we have gotten in the habit of ALWAYS checking I.D. numbers whenever we fire up the hardware utility, as controllers have been known to reset themselves BACK to Unit #2 on rare occasions.

Personally, I discover all units to make sure they're "there."  Then I start bringing up individual unit #'s and initiate a chase.  Then I go outside to do a "dimmer check."  During this procedure is when I discover errant unit #'s, swapped electrical cords, and burned out instruments.  I don't do a check every night, but If I've messed around with the equipment that day, I'm sure to do one.
Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
kedogn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote kedogn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2008 at 1:00am
Originally posted by tonyjmartin

Originally posted by kedogn

13. Power on the controller and use the D-Light Hardware Utility to verify the new firmware version using the "Discover" or "Get Info" functions.

That is when you verify and assign the correct Unit #'s for your show, and why many of us NEVER use Unit #2 in our shows.  Some of us have updated firmware so many times (and reassigned Unit I.D. numbers even more times) that we have gotten in the habit of ALWAYS checking I.D. numbers whenever we fire up the hardware utility, as controllers have been known to reset themselves BACK to Unit #2 on rare occasions.

Yeah, kinda learned that one the hard way.  I did check that the update took, saw the 1.14 and moved on. It didn't say in that instruction list it would change the ID #, so I didnt even look at it.

None of my units have # 2... I stay away form that # as well.  I have never had an issue with an ID # resetting, until now with the firmware update.

Lesson learned... and passed along what I found out to maybe help others who are new to this. :)
BOOMER SOONER!

Lee Family Lights
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12