Aurora Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Aurora Sequencer Software > Aurora 1.0 > Installation Issues
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Not starting on the right foot (MSCOMCTL.OCX)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
wellinge View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote wellinge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2008 at 10:37am
yeah i just got my problem fixed. check out the other forum post in this category at the end, where there is a link to download and install a new mscomctl.oxc file from microsoft. This worked for me!
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2008 at 1:45pm
I think (but have been wrong before) that we've fixed this...

Those still experiencing problems:

1. Uninstall Aurora
3. Install the new version you just downloaded.

Let me know if it works; if it does I will replace the standard download with this one.

mramsey View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote mramsey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2008 at 8:20pm
SmileI am all set!!! That was an easy fix!!! I am liking Aurora already!!! Smile

Edited by mramsey - 04 Sep 2008 at 8:40pm
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2008 at 11:38pm
So how impartant are these releases going to be and if I miss the thread with the update, could you create a mailing list and email everyone that there is an update?
Fine. You're so smart you rig up the lights.
D-Light users Unite!
mramsey View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote mramsey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2008 at 5:35am
I agree with Pony_God as updates occur email notices would be great

Edited by mramsey - 05 Sep 2008 at 5:35am
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2008 at 8:04am
Persoanlly, I don't think that it would have to be anything complex, just a list of emails to everyone that would like to know, and bcc the notice to everyone. We could just send an email to you and just title it "update notification" or something so that nothing "unsolisited" is sent.
Fine. You're so smart you rig up the lights.
D-Light users Unite!
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2008 at 11:14am
Just to clarify...

Nothing has changed in Aurora itself with this "b" release.  If your copy is working then you will not gain anything by installing the "b" download.  In fact, assuming the new download doesn't cause any problems, the new download will be replacing the old one on the server this afternoon.

Updates which add functionality to Aurora are announced by email list as well as here.  The added functionality and fixes ("release notes") will be listed in the email.
Bdale Lights View Drop Down

Quote Bdale Lights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2008 at 9:10pm
I am new to D-Light and Spectrum this year. I was just getting set up to do a display this season. I have downloaded the B version of Aurora, installed the program, and when I try to run either program I get an error message that Aurora Sequencer has encountered a problem and will close.  It then gives a window to report the error to Microsoft. Checking the info on the error signature it mentions a file called qedit.dll.

That is as far as I can get starting the programs. I can't even get in to register it.

PC Info:
Toshiba Tecra A8
Intel Core 2 Duo - 1.83 Ghz
Win XP Pro SP2
2.49 GB Ram -

Bob T.
D-Light Controllers - soon to be running 64 channels (once I finish assembling them)Smile
JonB256 View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote JonB256 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2008 at 9:38pm

Bdale (Bob), that is the first time I've seen "qedit.dll" show up in an error description. 

When I Google qedit.dll, it seems to cause a lot of problems with Windows Movie Maker. I didn't go much deeper than that because so many of the listed sites looked like the standard "download DLL files from here" type sites. 

and, as far as assembling D-Light boards, I spent 7 hours today with two friends working on our project to build 24 ACx16 boards. We'll finish next Friday FOR SURE!!!  We are very close to our estimate of 2 man-hours per board if we finish in four more hours. One person mounting and taping components, two of us soldering. 

JonB - D-Light user
Bdale Lights View Drop Down

Quote Bdale Lights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2008 at 9:57pm
Wow, and I only have to finish the easy part. I got the Platinum versions so it would only take me "minutes" to finish each one  :)

If I could get the error message to copy, I would post it here. But, doesn't look like graphics will insert.

The error signature has :
AppName: aurora_sequencer.exe    AppVer: 1.0.0.0   ModName: qedit.dll
ModVer: 6.5.2600.2180       Offset:0001a513

Bob T.
D-Light Controllers - soon to be running 64 channels (once I finish assembling them)Smile

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>