Aurora Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Aurora Sequencer Software > Aurora 1.0 > Installation Issues
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Kill.com

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
webbtech View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote webbtech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kill.com
    Posted: 11 Sep 2012 at 3:27pm
My anti virus picked up a possible threat...killcom.exe....is this a legit file in Aurora?
Mark Webb
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2012 at 4:02pm
killcom.exe is an Aurora file. It is used to reset all com ports when in d2xx mode. It is typically called when changing serial network settings.
webbtech View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote webbtech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2012 at 6:48pm
Interesting enough though...I hear my anti virus go off with that file and Aurora is not even running.
Mark Webb
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2012 at 7:20pm
I'm getting a report about this in the beta group as well. Although I'm inclined to believe it is a false positive caught by an update to your virus definitions, I'm going to check it out further to be sure. What antivirus are you using?
webbtech View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote webbtech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2012 at 7:28pm
Avast...sent in a request to advise of a false positive. I also gave them your web site if they want to contact you.
Mark Webb
BigDPS View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote BigDPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2012 at 8:09pm
I'm getting it from AVG. Even though I click ignore threat, it keeps coming up. Weird...

Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2012 at 8:32pm
I'm not getting it on avast here. I'll put together a checksum for the file tomorrow to make sure neither of yours have become infected.
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2012 at 9:02am
On my system, AVG seems to think that it's a trojan horse.
~Jonathan
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2012 at 2:35pm
Avast started yanking killcom.exe off my development systems today too, so I guess I just today got the definitions update that thinks it is bad.  It gave no warning/notice or anything... one minute the file is there, then the next it is gone without any evidence as to what happened.  No log was generated in the Avast GUI either.  I had to go looking for it in the chest to find where it went.

If you have one then you can use your favorite MD5 checksum generator to check yours, or you can download one (this one is easy to use: http://www.colonywest.us/digestit/ )

There are two versions of the file for Aurora, both created in 2009.  The one with the July date should have a checksum of e7483276d245eb5fbd2d5dd0983258eb.  The one with a December date has a checksum of 246b990f9acff3958f6a551889ae2339. 

I just rebuilt from source and Avast immediately yanked the file created from source as soon as the compiler was done writing it to disk.  False positive?

Michael

Edited by LightsOnLogan - 12 Sep 2012 at 2:36pm
BigDPS View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote BigDPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2012 at 2:54pm
My anti virus won't even let me open the file. I use digestit and it tells me it can't open the file.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>