Aurora Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Aurora Sequencer Software > Aurora 1.0 > Aurora 1.0.90 In DMX Mode
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Have an E1.31 Gateway to DMX - willing to test!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JonB256 View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Online Status: Offline
  Quote JonB256 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Have an E1.31 Gateway to DMX - willing to test!
    Posted: 04 May 2011 at 5:55pm
Just in case someone has a Plug-in or driver :)

I have the ECG-DR4. Nice little device to give me four DMX universes out.
JonB - D-Light user
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2011 at 6:36pm
Just got the EGC-DR4 unit too.. Sweet little box...  I'll echo the above and offer.

Edited by bdkeen - 03 Dec 2011 at 11:14am
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2011 at 6:59pm
Got my EGC-DR4 and have been doing some testing with it..  I like it!
10 ACx16's (now DMX), 1 DCx16 (now DMX), 4 Lynx Express, 8 - 3 channel DMX boards from China driving RGB  MR-15 boards from bigclive, 2 universes.
 --- WAH-WHO!--- This is exactly the direction I wanted to go.

Have done some testing with X-Lights and LSP. and the results have been all positive (other than my extreme difficulty in using LSP).. Now I'm excited about Aurora going the E1.31 direction since I'm not giving up on it.

3 Channel controlers from China require a keep-alive to prevent them from entering their default color cycle mode and the EGC-DR4 seems to be handling this just fine with them and Lynx controllers on one universe and the D-Light controllers on the other universe. Sure is nice not being concerned about all the usb dongles hanging off the pc.

Let me see - 4 universes on the EGC-DR4, 2 on 2 Lynx dongles, 2 on 2 D-Light dongles
4096 channels to sequence LOL
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2011 at 9:13am
We'll be testing E1.31 sometime next year.  I'm not certain exactly when it will begin yet.  My wife and I have a baby due in February, which is going to distract us for a little bit.  After that, E1.31 and the real DMX testing will begin.

I too will be more than happy to rid Aurora of all of the USB dongle support stuff so that we can focus on other important things.

Michael
jeromess View Drop Down

Quote jeromess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2012 at 7:48pm
haha.sounds interesting! I would love to see more pictures!

Edited by ChrisL1976 - 27 Jul 2012 at 1:16pm
LightChristmas View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2012 at 3:28pm
Finally unburied the DR4 I bought last year and started playing with it. Getting any kind of documentation from J1sys was futile, so relied on what was on the D-Light site and my engineer's WAGs on how to flash it. Thanks to JonB for the wiring mod!!Clap Was pulling my hair out!

When the time comes, I think it would be best to have a forum here just for the DR4 - as that is the "standard" Aurora 2.0 will be using. I just know there will be just as many questions for it as well as 2.0

Nightowlz1966 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Nightowlz1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2012 at 9:32pm
I have one of RJ's etherdongles (4) DMX universes or (32) DMX's for use in pixelnet for 16384 channels
Brian FlandersI thought I had More Extension Cords
Christmas On The Creek
 Post Reply Post Reply