Scheduler crashes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
  Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2011 at 10:24am
In build 90, are you using the "seamless" mode (the check box near the bottom of the edit show properties form)?  Does enabling/disabling this setting improve the situation?

Michael
dylanwalker View Drop Down

Quote dylanwalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2011 at 11:41am
Michael,

Good idea, I will try out the "seamless" mode tonight.

I realize that I might have spoken too soon, however, about Aurora Sequence running the loop long term without a hitch-- Even the Sequencer eventually crashed after looping for an hour or so. Is there a way to enable verbose logging for the sequencer/scheduler, because I don't see any log files generated.

I am also wondering for those using aurora/d-light (non-DMX) what the most stable aurora version / d-light firmware combination is?

I had channels stuck on and missed pieces of sequences with aurora 1.0.69 and d-light 1.20beta1 firmware (with the 40 bit changed to 1), but I don't think I've tested the latest d-light firmware with aurora 1.0.90. Could these crashes be related to that at all?

thanks,

Dylan
bc_34sa View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote bc_34sa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2012 at 6:48pm
did you fix this if so how? I am now babysitting my computer as it is doing the same thing shuts down randomly.
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2012 at 9:01am
Sticky channels are from the firmware, and those aren't the only firmware related issues.  Even the most recent firmware (as of this writing it's v1.20 with the EEPROM hack) has it's own issues, hence the "Change all ID's to 50+" recommendation.  It is because of issues like these that Aurora 2 will be DMX only.  Why?  DMX is VERY stable once it is set up.  I currently run a mix of v1.17 and v1.20.  Both work fine for me except when they would lose their ID's (which stopped when I changed the ID to 50+). 

Now, if a show won't complete a loop, I'd start by swapping out the audio on your sequences.  If you are not using all .wav's (or .avi's), then that's the first thing to change.  I have one sequence whose .wmv movie plays but then never progresses to the next song, effectively shutting down the show.  Meanwhile, another .wmv movie plays fine.  If you are already using .wav files, then move them and reassociate the sequences with them (or move the audiocache.dat file, either method accomplishes the same thing).  It may help. 

I also agree about using seamless mode (available in v1.0.90).  You may want to create a blank 2 second sequence or other announcement to place in between your other sequences as the time in between sequences is near instantenous.
~Jonathan
BigDPS View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote BigDPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2013 at 2:23pm
Hi guys. I would like to know what these errors are caused by?
This is in Borealis:

Aurora Error Encountered at 11/26/13 4:18:02 PM
Debugging Information:
3709: The connection cannot be used to perform this operation. It is either closed or invalid in this context.
Aurora.Scheduler.RefreshTick.0  
Aurora.Scheduler.ScheduleItem.AddSequence.0

Aurora Error Encountered at 11/26/13 4:18:18 PM
Debugging Information:
457: This key is already associated with an element of this collection
Aurora.Scheduler.Initialize.0  
Aurora.Scheduler.Initialize.1

Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2013 at 2:38pm
Ah, the "I'm never going to open again" error.  The way to clear it is to delete Borealis.dat in the Shows folder.  I think you may need also need to delete audiocache.dat as well (and reassociate it), but I'm not sure on that last one anymore, so start with Boreais.dat and go from there. 
~Jonathan
BigDPS View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote BigDPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2013 at 5:42pm
The 3709 happens when I try to load a sequence that has an avi in it. It worked all right last week but since last night, it isn't cooperating with me at all. I am so desperate that tomorrow afternoon, I will be wiping my whole hard drive and re install everything from scratch. 

Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2013 at 6:00pm
Are you running D-Light for the season or DMX?  If you do decide to take such a drastic step, my suggestion is to NOT let Windows update itself.  Windows updates have a history of breaking the environment Aurora runs in.  The 2009 mid season update and subsequent scramble to develop new firmware comes to mind...
~Jonathan
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2013 at 6:02pm
You can also try a WMV file.  I had an AVI file that just refused to work no matter how many times I created it.  Switched to a WMV and then it worked fine.  Format Factory is a free conversion application and will convert files easily.
~Jonathan
BigDPS View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote BigDPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2013 at 12:08pm
No I am running full DMX (which I was dead against it with fear at first) and have decided to give the 1.999 version a go to run the display. It can't be worst that the 1.185 can it?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>