2010 Aurora Status / DMX beta

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
BigDPS View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Online Status: Offline
  Quote BigDPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2011 at 11:29am
^^^^^Exactly my thoughts. My version of Aurora is stable enough for me at the moment. I just want a faster copy and paste to help me do my sequencing. I don't want a program that does it all for me, just one that lets me do what I know I can do at a fashionable pace.

compfire View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote compfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2011 at 8:17pm

After reading through all these I have come to the following concussion.  When the new version of Aurora (v2.0) is released it is geared toward DMX protocol.  In order to use my 25+ D-Light controllers & firefli with the new software (in DMX mode), I will have to buy new chips for all the controllers and a D-light DMX adapter.  Using my controllers (not in DMX mode, but in the D-Light protocol) it will work, but WON'T fix any of the sticking channel problems or be compatible with the D-light ACx16 v1.19 firmware?  Am I correct with this understanding?

BigDPS View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote BigDPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2011 at 10:25am
I think this sums it up.

tonyjmartin View Drop Down

Quote tonyjmartin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2011 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by compfire

I will have to buy new chips for all the controllers and a D-light DMX adapter.

You will need to buy an Ethernet to DMX adapter.  Prices and current/future models can be found in earlier posts.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
TheQueb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote TheQueb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2011 at 9:32am
why not just delete the spam posts so they don't show up to the rest of us as new posts?
80 D-Light-ful Channels
Southeast Texas Lights
D-Light Users
ChrisL1976 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2011 at 10:36am
Originally posted by TheQueb

why not just delete the spam posts so they don't show up to the rest of us as new posts?

Spam post???...what spam post?  Wink
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910