Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
BigDPS View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Online Status: Offline
  Quote BigDPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WiLink
    Posted: 19 Nov 2009 at 5:47pm
I know this isn't D-Light forums but I really am lost. I have posted over to D-Light but I want to set my controllers this weekend and need to find what I'm doing wrong. I'm hoping either forums can help me.

This is my problem as posted on D-Light WiLink area:I have the remote in controller number 1. Then I have controllers a cat5 going from 1 to 5 to 4 to 3. The problem is this. When I discover to try and see my boxes, 1,4 and 5 comes up. 3 is dropped completely. When I put a cat5 cable from the spare connector to 1 going straight to 3, I then get controllers 1,3 and 4 to be discovered. I just can't have more than 3 controllers at a time. What am I doing wrong? I can use the hardware utility on every channels but not on the missing boxes. I haven't added my 5th box yet either. This doesn't look good at this point!!! :oops:

I have every parts with the latest firmware. When I play my sequence on Aurora, it doesn't see the missing controller at all. Anybody care to advance a theory as to what may be going on?

LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2009 at 1:37pm

What distance of cable?  Have you tried terminating the line?

BigDPS View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote BigDPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2009 at 2:03pm
Right now, the longest cable is 10 feet. They are all side by side besides my mock display. I can just imagine the headache when the whole line will be out on almost 100 feet total! Shocked

BigDPS View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote BigDPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2009 at 4:55pm
Okay this is what I did:
I put all my boxes side by side and attached them to my middle box ID#4. Then I added one box on each side one at a time. From left to right, they are in this order: 3,5,4,6 and 1. That's to match my trees and what not.

From 4, I have 6 connected to it going to 1. All that side works and is discovered. When I try to attach 5, it isn't discovered at all. Even though that box isn't discovered, box #3 is attached to it and is discovered no problem. It's looks like that box doesn't like the idea of being fed through the WiLink. What a racist box. Ouch

However, if I connect all 5 boxes using wires hooked to the RS485USB dongle, all 5 boxes are happy like flies on poop. Confused
They are all discovered no problem. I tried swapping cables, closed the loop by adding wires to the empty jacks but no go. Box #5 just doesn't want to play like the others.

I am very lost.Broken%20Heart

I even tried changing the ID number on the box but that didn't do jack squat.

Edited by BigDPS - 20 Nov 2009 at 5:41pm

Post Reply Post Reply