Aurora Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Aurora Sequencer Software > Aurora & DMX
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

DMX is almost here!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Poll Question: Are you planning to use DMX with Aurora this year?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
22 [44.90%]
27 [55.10%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
  Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DMX is almost here!
    Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 8:52am
The secret Aurora lab in Area 51 has been busy with a lot of code for the next release, version 1.2, which is currently planned for mid-September.  This next release will introduce native support for DMX within Aurora.  There is also another secret bonus in this release which all of you will enjoy, DMX user or not.  Sorry, no hints are available just yet.

More specifics on how Aurora will support DMX will be made known as we approach the release data.

In the meantime, for our own planning purposes, I would like to know how many of you are planning to use DMX with Aurora this year?  Taking a moment to answer the poll above will help us better prepare for our next DMX announcement.

Edited by LightsOnLogan - 06 Aug 2009 at 8:54am
BigDPS View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote BigDPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 7:02pm
I voted no for the simple reason I have no DMX items in my home. Should I know what Aurora would bring me using DMX items, I would've voted differently. With that in mind, I want to thank LOL (not laughing out loud but lightonlogan) and the beta testers for bringing us a very good product. Aurora as well as D-Light boxes, a light show it creates.
ClapClapClap 

breakbenj View Drop Down
Pre-Order User
Pre-Order User

Quote breakbenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2009 at 12:16pm
I agree with BigDPS in that I don't have any DMX and have no clue as to what Aurora can do with it so I voted No also. I would like to also echo what he said as far as the job everone has done with respect to Aurora and D-light. I am anxiously waiting for the release of the full version like a child waits for Christmas morning.
Jeff

HarleyHaynes View Drop Down

Quote HarleyHaynes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2009 at 7:38am
I was hoping for a little earlier release date to try and put some lasers in my show but if I have learned anything is not to underestimate the amount of time it takes to get some of these things going.  I want to be running Dec 1st  so hopefully this will be a smooth release.  I think you guys are doing a great job and look forward to the challenge. 
everett View Drop Down

Quote everett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2009 at 9:13am
I hope to put 2 Renard 24's very soon. They can use DMX. I will probably rely on my dlight boxes for now, but hope to try out Aurora's DMX cababilities when I get the new boxes built. I am hoping to just add a output port to Auora and mix both the dlight boxes and Renard boxes. I hope Aurora will be capable of sorting out the channels and sending the outputs to each port, DMX or Dlight, as needed.
JohnnyL View Drop Down
Pre-Order User
Pre-Order User

Quote JohnnyL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2009 at 12:14am
we wont be using any DMX toys this season but we certainly will in 10. looking forward to the new goodies though, keep up the good work, John
"In God We Trust" all others pay cash
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2009 at 1:44pm
I too voted no only because I haven't decided if I want to jump into the DMX money pit yet. I'd sure like to play with it and having the capability will be nice if and when I start taking the leap.

I'll just echo the notes about the great job that's being done with Aurora and that I'll be anxiously awaiting any enhancements and improvements in any upcoming releases. Always looking for ways to push the envolope just a little more with the current hardware
jberner View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote jberner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2009 at 7:09pm
I have DMX foggers that I use at Halloween. I am looking forward to having a way to tie them in to the light show rather than having to manually trigger them.  BRING IT ON!!!!Clap
solidmodeler View Drop Down

Quote solidmodeler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2009 at 9:39pm
I voted yes because I bought some DMX light devices from a couple failed nightclub auctions. Most controllers coming out now have DMX capablity. Also found some Automation servo devices that can be controlled with DMX
Jack of all trades, master of none.
Tassleholf View Drop Down

Quote Tassleholf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2009 at 9:38am
i voted yes .

i have lasers and fog machines in my halloween  display and do not like leaving my lasers on all the time and am too lazy to switch on and off with a foot switch LOL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>