Forum LockedLost controller during a show

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
peteandvanessa View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Online Status: Offline
  Quote peteandvanessa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lost controller during a show
    Posted: 16 Dec 2007 at 10:48am
I finally ran my sequences for a full 4 hours last night.

I'm running the 0.2 release, with all the firmware updated on the D-Light controllers (I have 3 x AC16's).

All ran with out a glitch apart from one sequence about 3 1/2 hours into the show, it loaded the sequence and started to playback, but one controller was not outputting to the lights. I looked at the controller which wasn't outputting to the lights and the connection LED was solid, so it was still connected to the scheduler. I let the song finish, stopped the scheduler, power cycled all the controllers and then started the scheduler again and all worked perfectly again.

I suspect it's a d-light firmware issue since I saw a similar issue during halloween when one of the controllers did the same thing. I did the same thing to correct the issue.

Other than that, big round of applause to the team who wrote this S/W, huge improvement over the D-light S/W, much appreciated

Peteandvanessa
Comporder1 View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote Comporder1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2007 at 3:48pm
So you've not seen any fade issues?? I wonder what could be unique to my setup that would cause this.

LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2007 at 4:10pm
Comporder1-

Due to going shopping with my wife I didn't get a chance to test your sequence on the controllers today.  My show starts in just 50 minutes so I don't have time to do it today (I don't have any spare controllers... they're all in use on the live show so I have to do my testing during the daytime hours).

Does changing the ramp to a different time help any (like using 1.5 seconds instead of 2)... the answer will help me with which section of code is most likely be the cause (for instance, the optimizer vs. the ramp hash)?

Edited by LightsOnLogan - 16 Dec 2007 at 4:11pm
DMX
DMX

Quote Comporder1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2007 at 4:37pm
I can certainly understand the shopping committment Wink! I won't have any time today either. I should be able to tackle it tommorrow. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks
Carey
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote peteandvanessa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2007 at 8:55am
No I'm not seeing any ramp issues, either ramiping up or down. They are all smooth.

I assume you have the latest firmware, I have 1.13 installed on all boards.
DMX
DMX

Quote Comporder1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2007 at 9:22am
Pete,

Would you have a second to load my sequence (other thread) and check it out against your setup?

If you aren't able, No worries!

Carey
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote peteandvanessa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2007 at 9:51am
Just loaded it (see my repl).

I don't have my controllers here to test a live output though. There  is something strange on your spiral trees through.
 Post Reply Post Reply